V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to high-side my bike over Labor Day weekend and to make a long story short, I need new tins. That said, I recall seeing an awesome red & black "factory custom" paint job on a Sportster at the Rapid City HOG exhibit during the 1999 Sturgis Rally. I also remember that bike prominently displayed in a Motor Company Accessory Catalog in either late 1999 or early 2000 (slight chance it might have been 2000 Rally and early 2001 catalog). If anyone has a collection of old catalogs lying around, I would be eternally grateful for a scan of the bike and/or the "color code."

Also, just to clarify, I don't need the "paint code," but the actual "color code." For example, my original paint was Real Red/Diamond Ice two-tone which is represented by "BBT" (i.e. all the parts painted to match have a xxxxx-xxBBT part number).

Thanks in advance...
Yanman

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Not in the 2000 book. They have the "'57 Sportster" Paint set in two-tone Sky Blue and Birch White or same scheme in Gold and Birch White. Nothing in red. The scheme is the top half of the tank is the Birch color and the bottom is either the Blue or Gold. The only two tone is the tank and the fenders and side covers are the blue or gold. Checked the 2002 book and nothing there except the "Spectrum" sets. You supply the sheetmetal, they'll paint it. It's sort of a roll your own deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Must have been the 2001 catalog then...

That paint set sounds like the right style, just the wrong colors. Do you have anyway to post a pic from it? I'm most interested in the tank, but would appreciate a full shot of the bike if that's feasible.

Thanks,
Yanman

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have a 01 parts book and it has 3 paint sets, red and black, gold and birch white, and sky blue and birch white thats all i see for the sportster ,hope this helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have the part numbers?

I think it was the accessory catalog, not the parts catalog (if there is a difference :) ).

Either way, can you share the part number(s)?

·
Registered
219 Posts
thats cool , they really have one? how far is barnetts from you ? 800 bucks if its what your after, real sweet : I have always liked that tank badge

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm trying to see if I can still get it from the factory with a few other matching painted parts (ham can and horn cover). So far, no luck - so I might end up ordering from these guys anyway...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts