V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off thanks to those who help.

I am looking at the 2003 Sportster 883 XLH and the Sportster 883 XLH Hugger....

I wanted to know if the Hugger is worth the extra 500 dollars or not?

And I being that I am not in the states I was wondering what dealers are asking for them 2 bikes?

I have been quoted $6200 delivered to the dealer of my choice for the 2003 Sportster 883 XLH (It has the gunmetal paint, and the mag wheels), I believed this to be a great deal...

I know I may get dogged for owning an 883, but hey, its my first bike ever :D

I will probably be posting only in Veterans Forum, so hopefully you wont get tired of my newbie questions. I have used forums before and am aware of the search function, I will use it frequently.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
It depends on your physical size. If you are OK riding the hugger down the road it will be much easier to sell and you will recover the money in spades as many new riders pretty much feel they are locked into the lower seat height.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am about 180lbs and 5'9" Stocky.

I like the low suspension on the Hugger, but wonder if I could do it myself cheaper...

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I suppose you could but 500 bucks doesn't buy much these days. A stock bike is worth what it is worth, a modified bike is still worth what it was worth when it was stock.

It depends on how long you will keep the bike, actually keep it not how long you think now you will keep it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts