V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, Came across a 1997 FLHTC (Fuel injected/17,000 miles) salvage bike. It was purchased at an auction. Has salvage title. I am going to go look at it this morning and see what it needs. The owner says the front end is damaged. It needs tubes and a lower tree for sure. The price is in the 7K range. Will any FLH front end work on this bike and what years are applicable?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Don't know how much expertise you have concerning Harley's so......
Be very careful when checking it out. Wrecked bikes, depending on type of wreck and especially with front end damage, can suffer frame damage that is very hard to spot or cannot be seen at all with the naked eye.

The FLH frame was changed in 97 so I'm not entirely positive about the front end from any earlier models working well with it. Maybe someone else will know.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Most of the stuff will interchange with stuff prior to 02, but there are some things that will not as the lower legs from the bikes with 4 piston brakes.
You will not be able to insure a bike with a salvage title.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Damage to the frame, especially the neck would bother me. If it hit hard enough to bend the forks something else had to give.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts