V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My horn was working intermitantly and recentlh decided I needed a louder horn when it failed me while a soccer mom was trying to take over my lane. After doing some research found this option and tried it: http://lightcalc.com/8-Ball/page3/page3.html. Thanks 8-ball for the write up and instructions. That thing is loud and I like being free of that stupid looking cow bell.

Now working on ideas of something decorative to hang in it's place and think I found one but will post a pic after I get it. For now going with the clean look.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Cool I took my horn off a few years ago. Thought it was the uglyist thing. But wow I like the air horn deal thanks for the info !!! You too 8-Ball

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
8-Ball is the man on the horn mod I just followed his lead.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Road Glider said:
8-Ball is the man on the horn mod I just followed his lead.
I agree, I saw his article a few weeks ago and he does a fine job with the install.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Y2K King said:
is that a little compressor attached to that horn or is it seperate?:huh:
In the photos on 8-Balls write up it shows the compressor originally comes attached but is easily detachable and I had it installed as suggested in his photos on the write up apart from the horn itself. The deal works as he suggests. I did not do the instal myself, got my dealer to do it.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
i did a search for the stebel horns and came up with a few bits of info...
a cage forum had a thread that said ''adventurersworkshop'' would have a group buy of 30.95 if 10 members ordered...they would hold orders till they got 10, then ship individually.
the air pump is to be mounted vertically... the horns mounted facing down - did it say that in the instructions?

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yea did I say that this thing is LOUD.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did you check the motor mount bolts while you were taking off the cow bell?
Loose bolts are the most common cause of the horn not working properly.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
xkvator said:
i did a search for the stebel horns and came up with a few bits of info...
a cage forum had a thread that said ''adventurersworkshop'' would have a group buy of 30.95 if 10 members ordered...they would hold orders till they got 10, then ship individually.
the air pump is to be mounted vertically... the horns mounted facing down - did it say that in the instructions?
I don't recall anything about mounting positions other than making sure the intake on the compressor is not blocked and that the trumpets aren't positioned so that they pick up dirt, mud, etc.

Mine have been installed for months and work perfectly.

Call Andrew at Adventure Workshop (got mine there) or email him. I think the group order thing is old. He had them in stock when I purchased mine. You can also do a search for "stebel compact nautilus" air horns and will find other sellers.

Phone : 973-258-0034
Email: [email protected]

google search:
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=stebel+compact+nautilus&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

His contact info is at my link under the horn mod tab along with my install procedure.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Thanks for the link they have a compact one as well I think it will fit in my front spoiler thingy. I gotta get me one of these I bet I can have some fun with the tourists in my area this summer when they cant decide where they are going :roflback:

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have my stock horn in a tear drop cover. If I separate the horn from the compressor as you did,think the horn will fit in the cover in the stock location?

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
US Ranger said:
I have my stock horn in a tear drop cover. If I separate the horn from the compressor as you did,think the horn will fit in the cover in the stock location?
No I think it is too large for that but the item is so cheap you could get it and see and if not put it in another location.

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Every body hates em, but I like em. More chrome.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
That is the smallest Air Horn I think I have seen and once again it shows how much useful info you can find on here.

I would like to find a way to mod that in the stock horn locale. I seen mentioned it was too large for that, but it would be cool to find a way to make that stealth mode but much louder horn.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
US Ranger said:
Only one way to find out... I know you can run the air hose there... had my original Howards Horns hooked up that way. It is only a $40 experiment one way or the other.

Fatb0y said:
I would like to find a way to mod that in the stock horn locale. I seen mentioned it was too large for that, but it would be cool to find a way to make that stealth mode but much louder horn.
I don't think it will fit the stock cover...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts