V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all,

I just impulse bought V&H Longshots for my '02 FXST.
They were up on Ebay by someone in the trade.
The brand new set cost me $305.
I now have to put shipping custom duties and VAT on top of that.
By the time I get them over here in London they would have cost me $476.
Which is quite a bargain if you consider that over here they would have cost me the same amount.............in Pounds (about $720).
Everything on paper tells me they will be great.
Any direct experience in the forum? (only positive feedback please :D LOL)

Can't wait to receive them and put them on!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have them on my heritage, some of the best sounding and looking pipes IMHO.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
They look great indeed. They sound great for sure. I just put a used set on my Dyna, now I have to find baffles for them there two lound for me with just a torque washer in there. They do sound good with the baffles too!

·
Registered
312 Posts
V$H sells the baffles for $22 a piece. I take them in and out all the time on mine and lost one(DUH,don't ask).

But the baffles are good most of the time...unless you are into setting off cars alarms at a block away(like me).

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Yea I played around with the torque washers in my Longshots today. I tuned them for least restriction and man how they sounded better. I wish I could have that sound without the power loss, I cant deal with bagger pulling my bike. Turned them 90 deg and now its got more torque than how they where when I frist put them on. They sound good so I will live with that for now...

·
Registered
312 Posts
You can really feel the difference between baffles and no baffles. I won't even attempt 2up without the baffles. Mine sounds damn good with the baffles in so i don't mind too much, they more or less keep it quiter at idle. Once you get into, it lets loose and really barks for a baffled bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts