V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of going to longshots or pipes that are like them on my 01 Dyna. Hooker makes some but they come with no baffle. Any body run other longshot type pipes other than V&H ?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I got longshots. They sound and run awsome with the baffles in. With the baffles there are damn loud, without the baffle you better buy ear plugs. The bike runs damn good with the baffles, but Torque suffers pretty good without them. IMHO they are some of the best sounding pipes for a TC.

IF you get into swapping them in and out, make sure the screws that hold them in are tight, maybe a little locktite. I had one baffle escape going down the road. I am glad there was no one behind me. But i am sure that that was my fault, not the pipes.

A freind runs the hooker long shots, he had some problems with rust on them. To me the chrome doesn't looks as good as the V&H. I am not sure if it is all of them but his just never seemed to shine right then they rusted, not sure how old they were though, or how he took care of them.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason I ask is because Im HP hungry. Hokers are said to give more than the V&H but I very well may give up my quest to have it all for the better over all pipe.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I have the V&H longshots and run them without the baffles. But I put a 1/4 x 1" bolt in the baffle srew hole with a nut on the inside and it gave it enough back pressure to like it should. Does'nt seem like it would work but I did'nt believe it until I tried it and seen a difference as soon as I took off.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Wouldn't a 2 into 1 get more HP

Like a V&H propipe or white brothers.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have the V&H Longshots on my SuperGlide and love them. I run them with the baffles in, SE free flow airkit and an Yost Power Tube. I noticed a big gain in power. I think it may be running a little rich though. I still have some tweaking to do with the jetting but overall I am very satisfied.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
V&H Pro Pipe is one of the best pipes for preformance. The sound is not the quailty of the long shots. They look only OK to me and the fit on my FXDXT might get close to the saddle bag.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I have longshots on my Sportster. They are called "Big Mama" longshots. I can't remember the name of the actual manufacturer, but if you type in "Big Mama" and "Exhaust" into the Google (www.google.com) search engine you will get the website where I ordered mine. They look and sound GREAT. They have baffles that are easily removed if you prefer...and damn loud with or without baffles. I have had them for 6 months and there is no discoloration or anything yet. I ride my bike pretty hard. I think I paid around $260 or so for them and they mounted right up with no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts