V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, Just thought I should drop a quick note and say hello and to thank all of you for the great information I've picked up here.
My name is Chuck and I'm from SE Minnesota, This last may I picked up my first H-D. A 98 Heritage to be exact. She is not my first bike as I have logged many miles on a couple different metrics during my younger days. But its been quite a few years since I owned my last ride. It's funny how your priorities change as children start to arrive!. Well now that the little one is getting older dad can get out an play a little ! Since picking up the bike I've tried to glean almost ever bit of info I can find on evo motors and the softail. At first I was a bit intimidated but soon became quite comfortable wrenching on her myself. This winter I've tore down the top end, installed new rings and gaskets from the cylinder bases on up. I had my local indy shop go through the heads and I installed a V&H pro pipe. I'm really looking forward to spring let me tell you. Winters can get pretty long up here! Once again thanks to everyone !!!! Chuck

·
ALOHA, marooned Doof
249 Posts
Welcome.

You have definitely found a quality site and a great group of members.
I know exactly what you mean by long time lurker. I was also one whom just read the post and moved on.

Look forward to see your pics and reading your post.

Punky
'05 Ultra Classic
Smokey Gold &Vivid Black

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Hi Chuck. Great to read your post.

Welcome aboard.

Post your mind, make some friends and get some laughs.......Here at the VTF.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. I too have a 98, FXSTS to be exact. Post up often and enjoy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts