V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Joined V-Twin a little while ago and time has slipped by quickly so I new that I needed to formally introduce myself to the group. Sorry for the delay, hope you all will forgive.
My wife has bugged me to buy a bike for many years. (No, really, I'm not kidding.) I just had a hard time justifying the cost vs. taking care of the family. I picked up a couple of small bikes over the years but I new I never would be satisfied until I got what I always wanted. So as the kids got older and there seemed to be a little extra money, at least until I bought the bike, So I finally went down and bought a 05 Lava Red Road King Classic. The bike is all I had hoped for. My wife spends almost as much time on the back as I spend riding. We are having a great time and looking forward to many miles and meeting many new friends along the way. Cheers to all.:cheers:

Don

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Congratulations on a nice bike, great wife, and welcome to the board! I was starting to get suspicious of your wife until you said she likes to go with you...
That Lava Red is a great color, if I may say so myself.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Did that "NEW" bike have you so excited you forgot that you "KNEW" how to spell "KNEW"? haha :(-

:welcome: to the forums and congrats on the new scoot. As asked already, post up some pics of that new scoot. I like the RK Classics. They may not be a Fatboy, but they are a nice HD.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Thanks for the intro. Congrats on the new RK!! Post up often and enjoy.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Welcome to the forums:wavey:

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
L A V A ......r E D .............w O W

Welcome Don.

Congrats on the bike and the fact that your Wife is sooooo cooool.

Lava red Roadking...totally awesome.

Post up and make some friends here at the fabulous VTF.

·
Registered
39 Posts
La Sheetmetal

Don, just wondering if you were a sheet metal worker? I have been a tin knocker for about 20 years. My shop does mostly stainless specialty work for BUDWEISER brewerys. I also do a bit of welding at home. Post back and tell me what you do, its always nice to hear what other fellow bikers do. POP

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great, spell check that talks back......Actually, I think my "K" key is sticking.....I would never make that mistake;-)

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Glacier said:
Hey Don welcome to VTF. This is a great place to hang when you are not riding. Post some pictures of the bike and post often!!!!
Hey Glacier, I see you are a fellow Corona dweller, Your bike looks great. I see the pictures were taken at Santana Park, If so you are very close to me.
Don

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
K-POPPY said:
Don, just wondering if you were a sheet metal worker? I have been a tin knocker for about 20 years. My shop does mostly stainless specialty work for BUDWEISER brewerys. I also do a bit of welding at home. Post back and tell me what you do, its always nice to hear what other fellow bikers do. POP
Hey Pop, Yes I am a sheetmetal worker.....for about 26 years and counting. First 17 I worked in construction, mostly Air Conditioning. Now I work for Los Angeles County for the past 9 years. I enjoy the much more varied work I am involved in. It can be something new every day. Do a little stainless work but most of it is self taught trial and error.
Good to feel so welcome from everyone. Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ain't that a fine looking M"F motorbike.:wootdnc: :cheers:
Have a great mileige on it with your wife.

Note: I do make spelling mistakes, but I'm alowed!:rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts