V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
cardboard said:
Here's a few pictures of the Lonestar Rally that was in Galveston, Texas for 2007. I'm in picture 130. Where was you.

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd82/skullrider13/?mediafilter=all

Great pictures. Actually I just barely made one of your pictures on pic 146. My brother-in-law is in the orange shirt, down by his left elbow is my arm in black sleeveless, pointing to my arm is my wife's knee sitting on an inverted no parking sign, standing is her sister in the cap and short hair. This is about as close to fame as I've ever come :thanks:

On Edit,
Ahh, I'm also in picture 151...still sitting on the curb. No, I'm not looking under skirts...couldn't find any baha

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FifthGear said:
Great pictures. Actually I just barely made one of your pictures on pic 146. My brother-in-law is in the orange shirt, down by his left elbow is my arm in black sleeveless, pointing to my arm is my wife's knee sitting on an inverted no parking sign, standing is her sister in the cap and short hair. This is about as close to fame as I've ever come :thanks:
The old lady took the pictures. We had been drinkin just a little. Why the heck didn't you come over and say Howdy man. Don't be scared !
You want to be a stranger for ever ! Just stand there and watch us. Heh Heh !
I was trying to find out when everybody was gonna git there. Small rally dude.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
It is a small world. By that time I am sitting in front of my bike which I had moved up one notch in order to get it out. When the tow trucks came to haul out any bike over the trolly rail we finally moved one guys bike as they were tilting the tow bed. We hated to touch anyone's bike but he would have spent hundreds to get it back. He showed up and was very thankful when he found it on the other side of the road safe and sound. I didn't like the way they did that...there were no signs saying not to park on the rails. I sure hope this LoneStar rally don't end up like Sturgis with more hastles than freedom. For now, it is more of a biker rally than Sturgis has been in 20 years.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FifthGear said:
It is a small world. By that time I am sitting in front of my bike which I had moved up one notch in order to get it out. When the tow trucks came to haul out any bike over the trolly rail we finally moved one guys bike as they were tilting the tow bed. We hated to touch anyone's bike but he would have spent hundreds to get it back. He showed up and was very thankful when he found it on the other side of the road safe and sound. I didn't like the way they did that...there were no signs saying not to park on the rails. I sure hope this LoneStar rally don't end up like Sturgis with more hastles than freedom. For now, it is more of a biker rally than Sturgis has been in 20 years.
If I had been there and they was going to tow a bike, I would of walked to the front of the truck and cut the valve stem off the truck. If this is a wrecker drivers job, somebody needs to take duct tape and tape his ass up. There were more bikers there than wrecker drivers. I don't want to git anybody in trouble, but we have to draw a line somewhere. That is Bullshi* for a wrecker to do that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The rally was great this year, only 1 fatality in the city and 1 on the mainland side. A friend of ours was west on 3005 and a crotch rocket blew a stop sign and nailed her. She suffered broken ribs, broken coller bone and road rash. The guy that hit her on the crotch rocket did not make it. The other fatility was a girl fell asleep on the back of her husbands bike on the way home and fell off going over the causeway.

This is saying alot, being that there were over 300,000 motorcycles on the island and over 450,000 visitors for this weekend.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
All I can say is that Texas knows how to put on a real biker rally. Not just the Lonestar rally but the ROT rally as well. I travel across the country and attend rallies from coast to coast and border to border. I realize that the people up north only have a very few months to ride and we have 10 to 12 months but I must say that after riding many hundreds of miles we have the best rallies within a few hours ride from me right here in Texas. I hope that it doesn't turn into a Disney World rally like most of the other rallies across the country. In Laughlin, which ceased to declair an official rally last year, they made it a lifetime sex offender offense to flash, in Daytona the spring break crowd made it a bummer just to find a place to park and are cited for flashing, in Sturgis they registered the name and bring in hundreds of police just to bring in extra revenue for the event with bull*t citations. For now, the last remaining rallies that are true biker rallies are in Texas in my opinion. You are invited to the next one. So, come experience what a true biker rally is all about if you dare :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
I rode down there Sat. with my 3'x5' US flag flying on the Dyna.... Man, that was a fun rally!!!!

JS

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I wanted to go, but two weeks before the rally, I was riding up in New Braunfels, Tx. and a guy pulled out in front of me from a parking lot in a GMC Yukon. I think the bike will be fixed before me.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bullrider said:
I wanted to go, but two weeks before the rally, I was riding up in New Braunfels, Tx. and a guy pulled out in front of me from a parking lot in a GMC Yukon. I think the bike will be fixed before me.
Hate to hear of yer mishap. Wish you luck, home yer up and running around soon. Mabe next year.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Man that's really a bummer and bad news. I dread to think that one day that might happen to me. Knock on wood, so far after half a lifetime these idiots haven't caught up with me yet. Yeah, I've had plenty of tire squeeling finger flipping close calls but so far I've come out pretty well. I hope you recover soon and your bike is back like you want it soon.

·
Registered
225 Posts
awesome rally! we're already booking a condo for next years rally,which falls on halloween weekend!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Watch those rails

LoneStar was a great rally, had a blast. Tons of vendors to shop, a jillion bikes, a bunch of babes to scope, and the weather could not have been better this year! LE was everywhere, though I didn't see a lot of people getting hassled by them. On the street car rail subject, you really have to watch those things as they run parallel to the path of travel in a lot of places, and the curved parts are a real adventure. I hit one Friday night ( I am going straight and the rail is curving left). Must have not had enough angle going, when that front wheel hit it, it was just like riding on ice. My Road King "Black Betty" threw me and the OL off in the street before we knew what happened. Luckily the crash bars and the brain bucket did their jobs as the scoot was not hurt and I rode away. I did hit the street hard with my noggin', got the pop-knot on my brain bucket to prove it, but no harm. OL just rolled off, was kinda sore the next day, but OK. Our band, Wing and a Prayer played the CMA service on Sunday morning at the Strand, I told some friends that God figured if I was gonna play guitar I didn't need to be brain-damaged to do it. Just a note to anyone going down there, watch those stinkin' rails, they ain't like railroad tracks. They will sneak up on you, especially at night. I can't wait until next year's rally, I would have to say it is better than ROT and as good as the BooRun!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts