V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow! Just got back from a three day weekend in Galveston for the Lone Star Rally. This was my second year to go and it rocked! Weather great-ride awesome! nned I say more!

Rolling Thunder and Iron Angel:chopper:

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Kgezella said:
nned I say more!
Nope. You need to post up some pics! :D
Seriously.... glad you had a good time. Wanted to make it but had previous plans to stay in Dallas with the wife while she had classes. Galveston would have been much more fun!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I agree, great event! Was my first time and I was pleased with the restraint of the police in allowing body painting, flashing, drinking in the steets, burnouts and rev-limiter bouncing engine gunning. Don't try any of that in Daytona.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
I agree with the law enforcement restraint. This rally is not your average baby sitting by the police rally. I've been to Daytona, Sturgis, Laughlin, many rallies across the country where I felt like it was more of a tourist attraction and saw fines for flashing, high handlebars, loud pipes, gunning engine..all kinds of things. These rallies bring in big bucks for the community. It's a shame some cities have to have just a little more money through harrasment and fines. The Galveston community loves this rally. They have realativly few problems compared to other events held there. I tell ya, out west they have a rally where if a lady chooses to flash, she will end up in deep sh*t...even as far as having to register as a sex offender for life. It seems like there is not many places left where a biker can be a biker at a rally except in Texas. The Lone Star state has my vote.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts