V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Been posting for a bit & thought I should introduce myself. Been riding bikes since I was 17. Started on dirt bikes & short lived. I hate it when ya loose it & trees are all around. Never hit one but, came close many times. I chose Locodave for a name because I'm a Locomotove Engineer, 37 years at it & thought it fit. ( Everyone is a little "Loco". Just diffrent degrees. Eh? ) I've owned in order. Honda 305, Honda 350, Kawasaki 2 stroke 500, Honda 750, Suzuki 650, 99 Custom Harley Fat Boy. My younger sister passed away & I was willed the Harley. Suks to get one that way. Little backround on it. She had it built back in 98-99 by a friend-builder she knew, so it's a custom. Titled as a 99. She wanted a Fat Boy. Most all parts were bought to make it look like one. Still trying to figure out what parts are from what year. S&S bottom end, stock heads, carb, dish wheels, front end, soft tail frame, 5 speed, Corbin seat. Still trying to go thru it as it wasn't ridden for many months. Trying to stop some leaks & a sloppy shifter. ( Leaks are Glee-Pee it's back on the road again? Lol. ) Check trans & primary oil, what oil? Goes into gears up & down ok, newtral can be a pain sometimes. That dog leg at the tranny that connects to to the shifter rod to the foot linkage is wobbling. Up-down-side to side. Tryin to read up on what to do here to fix. Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, Been posting for a bit & thought I should introduce myself. Been riding bikes since I was 17. Started on dirt bikes & short lived. I hate it when ya loose it & trees are all around. Never hit one but, came close many times. I chose Locodave for a name because I'm a Locomotove Engineer, 37 years at it & thought it fit. ( Everyone is a little "Loco". Just diffrent degrees. Eh? ) I've owned in order. Honda 305, Honda 350, Kawasaki 2 stroke 500, Honda 750, Suzuki 650, 99 Custom Harley Fat Boy. My younger sister passed away & I was willed the Harley. Suks to get one that way. Little backround on it. She had it built back in 98-99 by a friend-builder she knew, so it's a custom. Titled as a 99. She wanted a Fat Boy. Most all parts were bought to make it look like one. Still trying to figure out what parts are from what year. S&S bottom end, stock heads, carb, dish wheels, front end, soft tail frame, 5 speed, Corbin seat. Still trying to go thru it as it wasn't ridden for many months. Trying to stop some leaks & a sloppy shifter. ( Leaks are Glee-Pee it's back on the road again? Lol. ) Check trans & primary oil, what oil? Goes into gears up & down ok, newtral can be a pain sometimes. That dog leg at the tranny that connects to to the shifter rod to the foot linkage is wobbling. Up-down-side to side. Tryin to read up on what to do here to fix. Dave
Hey Dave . Pitstops here
Been a while
Hows things g

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,452 Posts
Hey Dave . Pitstops here
Been a while
Hows things g
Well, now I'm wondering. Do you know Locodave?

Yes, been a while apparently. Your post was the first in this thread in 12 years.

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
Alpine mountain climbing. Once in my life I hiked the Applacian trail from Georgia to Maine, but that was a hell of a long time ago. These days I view the beautiful pictures that members post using equipment that I had no idea about back in the day. Sorta like when I view mechanical fix it pictures on Vtwin.lol Reef Central is the fish tank forum. My wife went to a ENT doctor in Wilmington NC has a humongous salt water tank in his waiting room is what got me interested. I use to have a freshwater tank had a saltwater clam that was dropped on my head by a seagull while I was shell collecting on the beach. Who knew I should've wore a helmet while at the beach. Alan?

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Alpine mountain climbing. Once in my life I hiked the Applacian trail from Georgia to Maine, but that was a hell of a long time ago. These days I view the beautiful pictures that members post using equipment that I had no idea about back in the day. Sorta like when I view mechanical fix it pictures on Vtwin.lol Reef Central is the fish tank forum. My wife went to a ENT doctor in Wilmington NC has a humongous salt water tank in his waiting room is what got me interested. I use to have a freshwater tank had a saltwater clam that was dropped on my head by a seagull while I was shell collecting on the beach. Who knew I should've wore a helmet while at the beach. Alan?
You hiked the Ap. Trail? Damn Cap no wonder your feet cause you trouble! Seriously though, I'm impressed.
I know nothing about fish tanks but have heard that saltwater tanks are finicky and cost beaucoup bucks. They are awesome.
Seagulls drop clams on real hard surfaces to bust them open and eat.

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
You hiked the Ap. Trail? Damn Cap no wonder your feet cause you trouble! Seriously though, I'm impressed.
I know nothing about fish tanks but have heard that saltwater tanks are finicky and cost beaucoup bucks. They are awesome.
Seagulls drop clams on real hard surfaces to bust them open and eat.
I miss living 2 blocks from the beach, but now I am between fresh water river, lake, and ocean. I would take a big bag of air popped popcorn watch the gulls Chase them down the beach or toss them a golf ball.

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,452 Posts
I miss living 2 blocks from the beach, but now I am between fresh water river, lake, and ocean. I would take a big bag of air popped popcorn watch the gulls Chase them down the beach or toss them a golf ball.
Somehow I picture you feeding the gulls Alka-Seltzer.

Reactions: captainhook455

·
Registered
17,728 Posts
Somehow I picture you feeding the gulls Alka-Seltzer.
The takers are easy to spot.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts