V-Twin Forum banner

Locks, chains, or cables

3K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  another_dum_ass 
#1 ·
I was reading another post were Hippo said his ride sleeps outside and it got me wondering about locking the bike up. I have a disc lock I use on my VFR and usually don’t worry too much about it sitting outside when I’m not around. I had a big plastic coated cable with the coke machine lock that I used on my Guzzi. Like I said, I never really worried about these bikes because I had insurance and figured it would cover the loss. My attitude has changed with the outlay of serious cash for the Ultra and I don’t think the alarm installed on the bike will be much help. How do you protect your investment? Disc lock? Big ass chain? What? How can you sleep in a hotel with your scoot in the parking lot?

Dave

#28 ·
thanks a bunch!!

This has been a really informative thread!!!! I am a bit (alot) paranoid of someone ripping ogff my ride. I just ordered the Thunder Page alarm and am awaiting it's arrival. I run an 82 fxrs that has been completely re-done. Also use a disk lock and steering lock - alot of hardware to haul around. Might just have to add the Cobra link thing. I keep hearing stories of rip-offs. One was a guy who had 4 big guys pick up his bike out of his garage, and walk down the alley with his new Glide. Alarm and all. He and others caught them and made them see the evil of their ways. The owner was a cop! Sucks to be the bad guys on that one. I too am concerned about motels. Have seen the "Lost" posters at the local stealerships of ones removed from parking lots.

Shiny side up

Canuck Rider

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.