V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a source for obtaining a 'locking knob' (has a lock cylinder built into it) for a RAM motorcycle mount. The set-up I'm using has 1" diameter balls and the arm is 3" long. The knob I'm referring to, is the plastic 'wing nut' that holds the two halves of the arm together. I've found the 'locking knob' for 1-1/2" diameter balls but none for 1" diameter. Any help, advice, input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Krayven Sumhead said:
Anyone know a source for obtaining a 'locking knob' (has a lock cylinder built into it) for a RAM motorcycle mount. The set-up I'm using has 1" diameter balls and the arm is 3" long. The knob I'm referring to, is the plastic 'wing nut' that holds the two halves of the arm together. I've found the 'locking knob' for 1-1/2" diameter balls but none for 1" diameter. Any help, advice, input would be appreciated.
Try:
http://www.cyclegadgets.com

Or

http://www.mobilecx.com

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanx thatoldbike,
I found the RAM catalog linked with one of the sites you posted and found what I was looking for there........I think it's the right one....$14 for a knob and probably $10 for shipping........
EDIT: I tried to purchase one online from RAM and they directed me to another link and it doesn't appear any of their dealers have them yet......Anyone else have any input or know where one can be bought online? RAM-KNOB3LU (Knob w/keyed lock for 1/4-20 bolts)

·
Registered
838 Posts
Krayven, do you have a part number for what you are referring to? I am also interested in this becuase I bought a locking Touratech mounting cradle for my Garmin Quest and noticed right away that all someone had to do was loosen the plastic "wing nut" on the RAM arm and walk away with it.

What I did for a quick fix was remove the wing nut and replace it with a button head allen bold and lock nut. At least that way someone would have to mess around with an allen wrench to loosen it, rather that just twist the stock knob...

·
Registered
142 Posts
locking ram knob

ups just dropped one at my door from www.gpszone.com you have to go through about 10 pages of ram parts to find it. the item number for the 1" ball lock is ZRMKNOB3L. it's real big. the price was 11.73 and i can't tell you about shipping since this wasn't the only thing i bought

1 - 8 of 8 Posts