V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rubber Side Down!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm looking for a good local indy in the Knoxville area. I am considering having some top end modifications done to my 2006 Ultra(SE103 Kit).

Thanks in advance...

/HD

·
Rubber Side Down!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still Looking!

Guys - I am still looking for a good "indy" here in knoxville to work on my SE103. Need CAM work, SERT tune, routine maintenance.

Thanks!

HD-

·
Registered
455 Posts
If Nashville is close enough, Ive heard good things about Konrad @ TNT.

·
Rubber Side Down!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks PanHDSam. I will certainly give them a call. I will travel 3 hours knowing they will do good work.

Others in East TN>?

HD-

·
Registered
455 Posts
Try Brian at BPA in Calhoun,Ga.
He's one of the best.
John
Brian did my tune. And you are correct about being one of the best.. He may be just a little far from Knoxville though.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
well don't go to knoxville harley on clinton ave..... they accidentally dropped a couple of bearings in my case and it took out my engine...... give Russ a call at http://www.colbochhd.com he is a real good tuner it is in morristown, tn

·
Premium Member
574 Posts

·
Rubber Side Down!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys.

Now the motor decided to make its own choice with the disintegrating inner cam bearing destroying my engine! :boom:

Thankfully the HD extended warranty will cover the costs. Towed the bike to SMHD to give them the opportunity to make it right. We'll see how they do. Certainly did not want to take it to Knox or Clinton.

-HD-

·
Registered
455 Posts
How many miles were on the motor?? I too have the extended warranty. 48 months. Ive put 10k miles on mine in 8 months. I expect in 48 months ill possibly have near 80k miles on it. The warranty has kept me from building though.

·
Rubber Side Down!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I currently only have about 12K miles so this very early failure is a concern. I have heard of other cases of inner cam bearing failiures. Appropriate replacement bearing choice appears to be Torrington's.

Good luck...

-HD-

·
Registered
455 Posts
Seems there is always a better bearing than what the MOCO is using. I had a rear wheel bearing lock up on my 08 @ 5k miles.:confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts