V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
>>Living in Arizona
>>
>>May 30th: Just moved to Arizona. Now this is a state that knows how to >>live!! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. What a place! It is >>beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.
>>
>>June 14th: Really heating up. Got to 100°C today. Not a problem. Live in >>an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to >>see the sun everyday like this. I'm turning into a sun worshipper.
>>
>>June 30th: Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today. Lots of >>cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing lawn for me. >>Another scorcher today, but I love it here.
>>
>>July 10th: The temperature hasn't been below 100°C all week. How do people >>get used to this kind of heat? At least it's kind of windy though. But >>getting used to the heat is taking longer than I expected.
>>
>>July 15th: Fell asleep by the community pool. (Got 3rd degree burns over >>60% of my body). Missed 3 days of work. What a dumb thing to do. I learned >>my lesson though. Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.
>>
>>July 20th: I missed Lomita (my cat) sneaking into the car when I left this >>morning. By the time I got to the hot car at noon, Lomita had died and >>swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and stank up the upholstery. The >>car now smells like Kibbles and ****. I learned my lesson though. No more >>pets in this heat.
>>
>>July 25th: The wind sucks. It feels like a giant freaking blow dryer!! And >>it's hot as hell. The home air-conditioner is on the fritz and the AC >>repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order >>parts.
>>
>>July 30th: Been sleeping outside on the patio for 3 nights now. $225,000 >>house and I can't even go inside. Why did I ever come here?
>>
>>Aug. 4th: It's 115°C. Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today. It cost >>$500 and gets the temperature down to 85°C. I hate this stupid State.
>>
>>Aug. 8th: If another wise ass cracks, 'Hot enough for you today?' I'm >>going to strangle him. Damn heat. By the time I get to work the radiator >>is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like baked cat!!
>>
>>Aug. 9th: Tried to run some errands after work. Wore shorts, and when I >>sat on the seats in the car, I thought my ass was on fire. I lost 2 layers >>of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs and ass. Now my car >>smells like burnt hair, fried ass, and baked cat.
>>
>>Aug 10th: The weather report might as well be a damn recording. Hot and >>sunny. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. It's been too hot to do **** for 2 >>damn months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. >>Doesn't it ever rain in this damn desert? Water rationing will be next, so >>my $1700 worth of cactus will just dry up and blow over. Even the cactus >>can't live in this damn heat.
>>
>>Aug. 14th: Welcome to HELL! Temperature got to 120°C today. Forgot to >>crack the window and blew out the damn windshield of the car. The >>installer came to fix it and said, "Hot enough for you today?" My sister >>had to spend $1500 to bail me out of jail. Freaking Arizona! What kind of >>a sick demented idiot would want to live here?? Will write later to let >>you know how the trial goes.
>

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
I realize you just did a copy and paste, but those would be some serious temps in "C". I assume they meant "F".

I've been in AZ when 119 degrees F.....hot sumbitch!

T113

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I guess this means that I should reschedule my summer trip to the Grand Canyon for the spring.:hmmm:

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Peacekeeper said:
I guess this means that I should reschedule my summer trip to the Grand Canyon for the spring.:hmmm:
Just go to the "north rim". I've been there twice in August and it's not that bad. I always try to stay north of I40 in the summertime.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not that hot... C vs. F

Not as hot as you think...

If you can show me a home for $225, let me know I will buy a dozen...

No more lawncare and stuff is great...

The Heat keeps the unwanted away...

I love being able to ride when I want to and not have to shovel snow ever again...

I LOVE ARIZONA... come visit in the winter, and bring a jacket you will need it...

Dave :Banadance

·
Registered
130 Posts
If I had to move away from my beloved Dallas-Ft.Worth to a different city and state I would choose Sedona. Easily one of the most beautiful places on God's green earth. Arizona is also the perfect state to persue my other passion; Astronomy. I saw the Milky Way with the naked eye for the first time in over 15 years in Sedona this last summer. Gorgeous!

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tucson is my town. 2700+ elevation keeps it much cooler than Phoenix. If you still want it cooler, Mt. Lemmon is one hour away..8000+ ft.
NO humidity here , Great riding areas, Easy laid out city to get around.
In the summer do your outdoor stuff before 10 AM or after 4PM.
Guess that's why [ it seems ] half of the U.S. population is moving here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts