V-Twin Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think this needs some attention over here....

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149060

(basically morning show DJ telling his listeneres he wants to see someone open their door and make a m/c crash hard)

Contact them and let them know they suck:
http://www.live105.com/interact/contact/default.htm
Business Line
(415) 402-6700
Request Line
(415) 478-LIVE
Toll free
(800) 696-1053
Sprint PCS

Snail Mail
All written inquiries should be addressed to:
LIVE 105
865 Battery Street,
Second Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111

Even better was if you knew who the Yamaha dealer was that the commercial was for. Call THEM and let them know about it, they'd probably pull the advertising, which would help make live 105 pay attention.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
The GM of the Yamaha dealer will be in there at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow getting an on-air retraction from them. :D

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
I saw that happen years ago going up to Hampton Beach in NH. Now mind you there are no laws allowing bikes to split lanes but this guy on a Harley decided to do just that. The guy in front of me opened his door to see what the hold up was and crash, bike right into the door. Not high speed so no one was hurt by the crash but the driver of the car proceeded to kick the sh!t out of the biker..

As for the radio hosts they should be fired advocating physical harm on someone is wrong..

W

·
Registered
217 Posts
I sent my nasty e-mail to the station. I hope they take this serouis. If it happens I also hope someone sues the hell out of the shock jocks.

·
Registered
265 Posts
There were some DJ's at a few radio stations owned by Clear Channel that decided that encouraging motorists to run over/force bicyclists off the road would be fun.

I'm thinking that their show must truly SUCK for them to need to pull this crap to get attention...and ratings...:lurker:

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
MegaGlide said:
The GM of the Yamaha dealer will be in there at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow getting an on-air retraction from them. :D
That Rules!!! Like to think some of us had a part in that. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
17,239 Posts
radio

here in Raleigh a few years ago the popular morning drivetime DJ did a whole shpiel how drivers should run bicyclists off the road. After a huge outcry he was suspended for 1 day then apologized when he came back saying it was only a joke.
Fred

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
DM-SC said:
There were some DJ's at a few radio stations owned by Clear Channel that decided that encouraging motorists to run over/force bicyclists off the road would be fun.

:
Actually I am ok with this. I can't stand a$$holes on biycles riding down the middle of the raod. If you can drive the speed limit you should not be n the road. You have no right to slow me up. I wouldn't run them off the raod but they seriously piss me off. Seriously. Arougant pricks.

Whats next speed walkers going down the road?

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
berserker said:
Actually I am ok with this. I can't stand a$$holes on biycles riding down the middle of the raod. If you can drive the speed limit you should not be n the road. You have no right to slow me up. I wouldn't run them off the raod but they seriously piss me off. Seriously. Arougant pricks.

Whats next speed walkers going down the road?
In quite a few states bicycles are considered vehicles and are not only legal to ride on the road but here they are not allowed to be ridden on sidewalks in some cities. If there is not a bike trail they are going to be ridden on the road. Nice way to respond to a thread about assault against moto riders with a message approving the same action against bicycle riders. ^rolleyez^

At the very least try learning how to spell, it might help your credibility. :stupid:

·
Registered
432 Posts
berserker said:

Actually moron they have every right to be on the road. As someone who rides both kinds of bikes I have been run off the road many times on my bicycle while the a$$holes laugh and hoot and holler. I ride on the shoulder not in the middle of the road, although I'm entitled to by law. Time to grow up, if it's not o.k. for motorcyclist it's the same for bicycles.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I agree 'B' ----
berserker said:
Actually I am ok with this. I can't stand a$$holes on biycles riding down the middle of the raod. If you can't drive the speed limit you should not be on the road. You have no right to slow me up. I wouldn't run them off the raod but they seriously piss me off. Seriously. Arougant pricks.
Don't they ticket any motor vehicle operators impeding the flow of traffic?

And LOSE THE SPANDEX!!!!!! :ymca:

·
03FLHRI,84XLH,52ArielVHA
556 Posts
What reprehensible behavior for a radio broadcaster. I realize it doesn't have anything to do with motorcycles but back in the 90s it was a radio broadcaster that got the Tutses and Hutus (not sure about the spelling) to murder each other. Every day the guy would broadcast that the Hutus should be massacred and the listening public went along with it. Hundreds of thousands were murdered. So never doubt that these kinds of @ssholes can effect the behavior of the public. I agree with others that the station is advocating bodily harm on motorcylists. That is irresponsible and revolting. I would think that the station has left itself open to any number of lawsuits if a lane-splitted gets clobbered by a motorist now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.