V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about going with Liquid Glass for my black Fatboy. It seems pretty spendy. When spending that kind of money,is one wasting their money for something cheaper that does just as good of a job, or will I be overwelmed by the results. Thanks Ken
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
711 Posts
Its good stuff. I prefer Zaino (long time experience with a black vette & Zaino) and like that its not wax. Zaino is excellent on black!

(no, I don't sell the stuff)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
I have been useing Liquid Glass for about 15 years now and am now thinking about... acctually just ordered some Crystal glo.

I had a thread posted in here and there was no responce I just thought no one ever heard of the stuff . I do like liquid glass. But i am ready to try something else.
 

·
DHARMA Initiative
Joined
·
5,678 Posts
Liquid Glass does a wonderful job.
 

·
90 FXRS LOWRIDER
Joined
·
553 Posts
liquid glass? i thought that was for leaky head gaskets(in automotive cases). at least thats what i have used in the past.
evidently theres a new wax around, i never heard of that one. oh well
i got some crystal glo a while back.
 

·
DHARMA Initiative
Joined
·
5,678 Posts
dashooter said:
...
evidently theres a new wax around, i never heard of that one. ...
Nope, it's been out for a long time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
There was a independent test done with about 100 waxes. Liquid glass was somewhere at the bottom, which surprised me also. Number two was Zaino. I bought the starter kit from Zaino and figured I use it on my wifes black 14yr old mazda, we were going to sell the car anyhow so couldnt hurt it. When I was all finished the car did pop, wife was even surprised. I use it since I bought the bike in 04 and very happy with the results.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
66impala said:
There was a independent test done with about 100 waxes. Liquid glass was somewhere at the bottom, which surprised me also. Number two was Zaino. I bought the starter kit from Zaino and figured I use it on my wifes black 14yr old mazda, we were going to sell the car anyhow so couldnt hurt it. When I was all finished the car did pop, wife was even surprised. I use it since I bought the bike in 04 and very happy with the results.
So what was number one?:dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Zaino

66impala said:
There was a independent test done with about 100 waxes. Liquid glass was somewhere at the bottom, which surprised me also. Number two was Zaino. I bought the starter kit from Zaino and figured I use it on my wifes black 14yr old mazda, we were going to sell the car anyhow so couldnt hurt it. When I was all finished the car did pop, wife was even surprised. I use it since I bought the bike in 04 and very happy with the results.
Where does one buy this Zaino product. Ken
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
653 Posts
66impala said:
There was a independent test done with about 100 waxes. Liquid glass was somewhere at the bottom, which surprised me also. Number two was Zaino. I bought the starter kit from Zaino and figured I use it on my wifes black 14yr old mazda, we were going to sell the car anyhow so couldnt hurt it. When I was all finished the car did pop, wife was even surprised. I use it since I bought the bike in 04 and very happy with the results.
So what was number 1?:huh:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
653 Posts
mtairy biker said:
I have been useing Liquid Glass for about 15 years now and am now thinking about... acctually just ordered some Crystal glo.

I had a thread posted in here and there was no responce I just thought no one ever heard of the stuff . I do like liquid glass. But i am ready to try something else.
Got the Crystal Glo, good stuff!:cheers: There is so much stuff out there that it's almost like talking about oil!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
Zaino was rated #1 by Guru Reports who tested 46 waxes.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
711 Posts
Zaino has lots of independant distributors around the country. If you email Sal Zaino at [email protected] they can probably tell you about one in your area. Distributors sometimes offer samples.

So you know, this stuff is a numbered system. While you don't need everything they sell (like the wash), you should strip your old wax off by washing with Dawn, then you should clay then Zaino the vehicle. (for example you put the first item on then the second without removing the first).

Read the steps for application at zainostore.com.

Not difficult and it lasts a long time. (its not a wax, I think its some sort of polymer)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
You should clay your bike to remove contaminants.The method of using DAWN was born out of the theory that it will strip old wax off your paint..kinda true but then so will polish. If Dawn does its job as advertised..stripping oil and grease... then by its action you are drying out seals and gaskets. ie..Dawn bad, car wash good.
kayak99 said:
Zaino has lots of independant distributors around the country. If you email Sal Zaino at [email protected] they can probably tell you about one in your area. Distributors sometimes offer samples.

So you know, this stuff is a numbered system. While you don't need everything they sell (like the wash), you should strip your old wax off by washing with Dawn, then you should clay then Zaino the vehicle. (for example you put the first item on then the second without removing the first).

Read the steps for application at zainostore.com.

Not difficult and it lasts a long time. (its not a wax, I think its some sort of polymer)
 

·
Incredible
Joined
·
3,029 Posts
catken said:
Thinking about going with Liquid Glass for my black Fatboy. It seems pretty spendy. When spending that kind of money,is one wasting their money for something cheaper that does just as good of a job, or will I be overwelmed by the results. Thanks Ken
I have used liquid glass for years and it is one of if not the best wax that has ever been made that goes twice on black. It is a kick ass wax and pep boys stocks it along with the pre-wax that you should use before applying it.

It is definitely a buy. Zaino / others not a comparison in my book.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
711 Posts
3Dog said:
If Dawn does its job as advertised..stripping oil and grease... then by its action you are drying out seals and gaskets. ie..Dawn bad, car wash good.
Dawn does not stay on a vehicle long enough to dry out the seals etc but it will take off old waxes, etc. Next step would be to clay, rewash with whatever, then Zaino.

If your car wash strips off the old waxes then yes, that would be a solution. The key is not to Zaino with wax on your car.

I came to know Zaino from having a black vette and found most vette and exotic car owners use the product with great success. Keeps bikes just as clean although Zaino recommends cleaning chrome with other products such as Mothers (to clean and polish). Then for a deeper shine seal with Zaino Z2 or Z5.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top