V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after speaking with a few of my local friends, I thought I would take two pictures of the Lindby Bars, (front Engine Guard and back Passenger Peg bar), warp them into one picture, and ask everyone the following questions....

1. Does anyone know of their friends/fellow riders who have the front bars installed on a Softail Harley and do the bars interfere with any of the foot controls (shifting, rear brakes)?

2. Looking at the picture of the front bars, any comments either positive or negative?

3. Does anyone know of their friends/fellow riders who have the rear bars installed on a Harley Fatboy, and any problems with corning or hitting the bars with your legs when at a stand still?

4. Looking at the picture of the back bars, any comments either positive or negative?

Thanks in advance to everyone! :D

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
They look nice. I have one friend who has the front bars on. The profile is quite low so I am not sure if they would be as effective as the RK crash bars.

The crash bars on a RK are designed in such a way that when the bike is laid down it is less likely to flip. The bike tends to skid at about a 45 degree angle. Because of the height of the bars, the bike has all of the weight ( most of it ) below the top of the crash bars. This protects the tank as well.

These are set much lower so I would tend to suspect that they are not as effective in keeping the bike from flipping.

Just an opinion. The RK bars sit just below the top of the heads. These bars sit less than halfway up the engine. You will not get the same functionality.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lindby

I have them on my 01 FATBOY, & I love them.
It's nice to be able to stretch your legs out on long rides.
As far as Im concerned there aren't any nicer looking
hiway bars out there,I think the factory big hoop bars
look crappy. Just my 2 cents
:cool:

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the imput I'm looking for! Keep it coming and thanks :D

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Do these front bars fit a 2000 FLHR?
Where do I go a lookin for em ???

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
$319.95 and thats before shipping to the UK! o, and Import tax:eek:

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I could never live in the UK, I would go broke from buyings so much American stuff ;)

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Thats what I always said!
Until the part of Belfast I lived became too dangerous................:eek: Should'ave went to southern Ireland, but getting my harley hardware would be just as expensive.
Should just move to the USA? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Aww the Hell with it. We should all just move to Amsterdam, smoke Pot, sit back all lit up saying. "WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING CRASH BARS." Laughing our asses off when one of us rides his bike into a Cannal.

La ikke Deres hund poop på fortauet. :eek:

·
Registered
875 Posts
JimmyK said:
Aww the Hell with it. We should all just move to Amsterdam, smoke Pot, sit back all lit up saying. "WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING CRASH BARS." Laughing our asses off when one of us rides his bike into a Cannal.

JimmyK,
I think you should change your signature line to the above statement ! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts