V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a Lil Joes or an HA leather vest http://liljoesleather.com/ ( the company used to be called HA Leathers and recently changed their name to lil joes legendary leathers) If so, which vest do you have ( joes original vest, original bay area vest, etc.) and what do you think of the vest? I am thinking about getting one - but they are pretty expensive and I just want to get some input from someone that has one. Any pics of the vest and you wearing would be great as I have only seen it on the net and have not been able to try one on.

Thanks.
MD

·
Registered
145 Posts
They are one of the best. top of the line. I have a langlitz, but I would never consider sewing patches or putting pins on either one of them, I have a cheaper one for that!

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
they range from $229 to $319 www.liljoesleather.com
Used to be a dealer. Good pruduct but they are very proud of them. You can also check out www.justleathers.com they have a vest that is very similar. They may even be the manufacturer for lil joe.

You can sometimes find them on ebay. I saw 2 sell last week for $150.00 new. I used to sell them for $200.00 retail.

If you buy one, you won't be dissapointed. The leather is good and quite heavy. I wear an xl t shirt and find the xl fits me pretty good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lil Joes: Still in business??

These guys have gone dark on me. I returned some leather pants over 2 months ago. Was promised a return in mid Feb. Its March 18 and I still have not received my pants. emails and phone calls go unanswered. Anybody know the proprietor? State of Washington based.

·
Registered
3 Posts
These guys have gone dark on me. I returned some leather pants over 2 months ago. Was promised a return in mid Feb. Its March 18 and I still have not received my pants. emails and phone calls go unanswered. Anybody know the proprietor? State of Washington based.
Unfortunatly I do, a little history about this company. This business was started by a club member (an actual legendary member of the club) named Li'l Joe and called it HA Leather. In 2003 Joe passed (AFFA) and a punk named Mike Mills wound up with Joes business and wife. He changed the name to Li'l Joes and it has all been down hill from there. He is greedy and dishonest to the core. I sent a product for warranty work and almost 3 months later I got it back untouched. He denied the warranty due to an alteration, which was professionally done and had nothing to do with the warranty issue. He then changed his warranty to exclude altered products AFTER he screwed me. If you look at his warranty on his web site you will see he has pretty much excluded everything so he never has to do warranty work. Without the lifetime warranty his vest isn't worth half of what he charges.

·
blipper
5,199 Posts
Man, that's a damned shameful demise & dishonor

Unfortunatly I do, a little history about this company. This business was started by a club member (an actual legendary member of the club) named Li'l Joe and called it HA Leather. In 2003 Joe passed (AFFA) and a punk named Mike Mills wound up with Joes business and wife. He changed the name to Li'l Joes and it has all been down hill from there. He is greedy and dishonest to the core. I sent a product for warranty work and almost 3 months later I got it back untouched. He denied the warranty due to an alteration, which was professionally done and had nothing to do with the warranty issue. He then changed his warranty to exclude altered products AFTER he screwed me. If you look at his warranty on his web site you will see he has pretty much excluded everything so he never has to do warranty work. Without the lifetime warranty his vest isn't worth half of what he charges.
Thanks for posting this electriciancarl...I was considering one of these vests about a year ago and damned glad I didn't fork over the $$$. I ended up just continuing with my full leather vented jacket from Biker's Choice. I prefer full coverage anyway.

Usually, I will give a benefit of the doubt. But, I believe you when you said it took 3 months to get it back untouched and denied. Especially when other members (sstoots) have had a similar experience.

I looked over the entire LilJoe's site and when I got to their story I compared it with your contrasting comments...a damned shame. Too bad about your displeasure with this situation; I'm not surprised now.

·
FNG :)
1,587 Posts
The original supplier for HA Leather is still making vests. You can buy them online at California Choppers in Frisco.

http://www.californiachoppers.com/store/apparel1.html#

California Choppers is owned and run by Big Wayne, also a legendary club member. You will not have any warranty issues with Wayne.

I have an original Lil Joes and the newer version from Frisco, they are identical.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You're right - they do look identical

The original supplier for HA Leather is still making vests. You can buy them online at California Choppers in Frisco.

California Choppers is owned and run by Big Wayne, also a legendary club member. You will not have any warranty issues with Wayne.

I have an original Lil Joes and the newer version from Frisco, they are identical.
You're right - they do look identical - my 415 (bought about a year ago) has a horizontal seam across the back though.

Yeah . . . it wouldn't suprise me the way bullshi!tters are today, that LIL JOE'S is just a tag and a middleman making money off all of us for nothing.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I bought a vest from Fox Creek last year and was very impressed with the quality. Then bought a jacket a few months ago and still impressed with them. Their website is at www.foxcreekleather.com.

Mike
Fox Creek leather is a number one company that sells excellent thick American made leather with a lifetime warranty. No, I don't work for them, I just own two of their jackets and can say they are some fine pieces of leather!

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Another plug here for Fox Creek. I own their vest, jacket and chaps. Top quality leather and all made in the USA. Excellent customer service as well. If i ever need a new jacket i'll definitely go with Fox Creek. I say "if" because their stuff looks like it will last a life time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
LIL JOES LEATHER VESTS vs FOX CREEK VEST

no vest is worth 300 bucks.........I'd go fox creek long before I'd pay that kind of money
Agreed . . . looked at a couple of the FOX CREEK VEST vs LIL JOES LEATHER VESTS - I'm convinced. I would strongly urge buying a FOX CREEK VEST and staying away from the dishonest sales practice's that I have been through with mike mills at LIL JOES LEGENDARY LEATHER (they ain't legendary anymore) were 're done.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I dunno.... I've got a Lil Joe's and it's been great, 4 years and still in very nice condition, no issues. YMMV.

Fox Creek has great quality, but the styling of their vests is different.... not my thing (but I do have one of their jackets and it's top notch).

·
Registered
217 Posts

I don't know anything or anybody associated whith any of these sites. All I know it the liljoes original is distinctive..... many of the post here and on other site say " oh here is a vest just like liljoes, and you go there it it looks like something Matt Dillion would have worn......."

In any case these 2 here are not the same as one has 4 pocket on the outside and the other just 2 ????

look and see

http://blackmagicapparel.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/four-pocket-joes-vest.html

and here

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
The prices are a joke. Also I don't like that there stuff is sold in L,XL, XXL. If I paid that much for something I want it in sizes, 44,46, ect.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts