V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the post below about relocating the plate with interest because its something I have wanted to do but have hit 3 problems with.
1- retaining rider footspace
2- I have been told vert plates are illegal in Pa but are selectively enforced and I dont much like horizontals
3- lighting
this is the big nut. I have had near rear enders at night with the stock setup. I have had none since I added the LED wings on the turn signals that the moco makes. I hate the lollypop turn signals and haven't figured out a way to rid myself of them. I have come to believe that light separation or perhaps unusual back lighting are all that keeps a cage off your ass at night. I wont put on one of the unified light modules because of that.

My friends tombstone light on his softy was a real biatch in my view until he changed the lollypops over to running and turn(and left them yellow). That light seems to me to produce real depth perception problems at night.

I am curious if any of you guys think the way I do or if I'm out in left field here. And if you do how you solved it. Perhaps Docs LED's in smaller packages are enough?

I put on about 4 to 5,000 miles a year mostly short hop local stuff, work commute, grin time, etc. mostly in traffic. I have come to believe that I need really bright stuff out back and that even the daffy chick with the cell phone or the guy with the blaring suffwoofers cant miss my LSR.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Side mounts are for trailer queens. Getting rear ended is a very real possibility. They are at the top of the "What the fuk was he thinking list" along with short pointed sissy bars or any other pointed items on the handlebars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts