V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a run/turn controller from Kuryakyn and it stopped working after acouple of months, the second unit crapped out after only one day!
I have a side mount plate, so I am pretty hard to see at night! I want to know if it is possible to convert my 1156 rear t-signals to 1157 dual filament style. Wiring, etc... is it even possible? If not, what are my options?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Piece of cake, use front housings on the rear, they bolt right on.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Hippo,
However, I know that there are lights that can be physically bolted on, my question is geared towards the wiring of the lights.
I did a search on the net and couldnt really find much. I know that there are more wires involved and that there has to be some sort of switch to control this, unless the front signals could somehow control the rear. But even then, I would not have the BRAKE light option, since the front signals dont get brighter when the brakes are applied.

Is there anyone that has converted to a dual filament (1157) at the rear?
I want to have running, brake, and turn signal functions.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
You have two options. Kuryakyn has a module that gives you all three functions with the single filament bulbs. Just plugs inline with the rear light harness.

Or you can use the dual filament housings, wire the turn signal to the existing turn signal wires and the running lite to the running lite in the tail lite housing. If you want brake lite function Harley has a inline module that causes the turns signals to operate as brake lites also.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, that is what I was looking for. I have the Kuryakyn "smart wire", that's the unit that crapped out on me, 2 different ones!

I also have the harley unit you speak of (gotta find it), but the wiring plus that harley unit makes perfect sense!
Thanks again!

·
Big Ugly Fat F'n Yankee
862 Posts
Tell me Cannibal, how did the Kuryakyn "crap out?" I just ordered the Panacea taillight & turn signals using the "smart wire" technology. When they worked, did you like them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts