V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Performance Machine used to have the Chicane, I'm not sure that it is still available. My suggestion would be to call the wheel makers and ask the question. You can install laced wheels with aluminum hubs and rims if they turn out to be the lightest on the market, I have done this in the past when a solid type won't fit the build.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried calling HogPro today, but they said that the question has never come up and they dont know the weight of their wheel. I wont be able to run laced wheels due to I am installing a 124 S&S and I would be worried about throwing spokes. I will try looking up those chicanse. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
P.M. will know the weight of their wheels, I've asked before. Some of the newer style wheels are quite light. Keep doing what you're doing (calling), and you should get the answers you need. I'm assuming you're going after improved handling.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Don't know who you talked to at Hogpro but we ship wheels every singe day and could certainly come up with weights for you. As an example a "Daytona" 19 x 2.15 front wheel weighs just under 17 lbs with the hub and bearings. Call our tech line and ask for Jerry with any questions. 818-886-6545

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HogPro, the guy I spoke to was nice on the phone. He just honestly never was asked that before. Most people want to know what the chrome looks like instead of how much it weighs. Also I did call on a Friday at 4:00. I will try calling you guys later this week. Thanks for the consern though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts