V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
When I turned my lights off, the right turn signal light stayed on. Not blinking, just on, like a parking light. It blinks when I hit the switch, and stops blinking when I hit the switch, but light stays on.
Any ideas??

thanks
blu2u

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
I guess the first question would be have you done any mods to the bike as of late?
If not I would gently take the switch housing off and look inside. If the light goes out when you remove the housing its a tell tale sign the circuit was complete when in place on the bars.
I would remove the switch from the circuit & get out an ohm meter to make sure you get an infinity reading when the switch is turned off. If there is no infinity reading when you turn it off the switch is defective.

Dare

2000FXST

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
I am always open to help if I can. If you have troubles finding a toublesome circuit or how to track it you can always PM me too.

Good Luck Blu

Dare ... :beer: cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now comes the stupid question. I'm just a shadetree car mechanic and have never had to work on my 86 FLTC Tourglide. How do I remove the right turn signal handlebar switch? No mods to my bike. Thanks
Wayne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts