V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to go Hollywood and get the LED lights on my scoot. Know lots of people think they are silly but hey all it takes is a press of the button on the remote control that came with the lights to turn them on and off. Here are some pics. Any of you guys running LED's on your scoot please post pics of your scoot on this thread so we can check them out.

Got the lights from LJS BIKER PRODUCTS Guy there rides a SEEG and is very helpful.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Road Glider said:
Decided to go Hollywood and get the LED lights on my scoot. Know lots of people think they are silly but hey all it takes is a press of the button on the remote control that came with the lights to turn them on and off. Here are some pics. Any of you guys running LED's on your scoot please post pics of your scoot on this thread so we can check them out.

Got the lights from LJS BIKER PRODUCTS Guy there rides a SEEG and is very helpful.

Now all you need are some fuzzy dice!:hystria:

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MegaGlide said:
And dingle balls.
Gee thanks for the suggestions. But no fuzzy dice or chrome bull balls in the future for this scoot.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Road Glider, You might consider moving your thread to the Touring forum. This could get ugly.

Gentlemen, remember the rules. No personal attacks, let the flaming begin.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LavaKing said:
Well, IMHO, that's gay. Hope you enjoy them.
OH GAWD. Come on now. :bleh:

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
I've got some white LED's installed on mine and I plan on adding more. Look's good Road Glider! For those who think they might be ugly, at least folks will see you.

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
LavaKing said:
Well, IMHO, that's gay. Hope you enjoy them.
Hey watch it buddy, that is a Road Glide rider you are talking about.....:nunu:

Effeminate might be more appropriate....:whistle:

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dwarthog said:
Hey watch it buddy, that is a Road Glide rider you are talking about.....:nunu:

Effeminate might be more appropriate....:whistle:
Now that is funny. You know this bike is most definately female, heck I named this bike JLO after a gal I think is a hottie but it came to me listening to my wife pronounce yellow. My wife is from South America so english is not her first language. So maybe these lights suit the bike more than I thought originally.

·
Not-so-Fatboy
1,115 Posts
Road Glider said:
I named this bike JLO after a gal I think is a hottie but it came to me listening to my wife pronounce yellow. My wife is from South America so english is not her first language.

That is too funny. Just before I finished the sentence, I was going to post "JLO" Sounds alot like someone with a latin accent saying yellow. I think it looks good, and like Carrie said, at least people will see you!

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Okay, I've been tossing about the LED setup but will do other things first before I step up to that. I have to admit you're bike looks pretty sharp.

Just wondering what are local/state ordinances in your areas concerning putting those kind of lights on a bike? I know the fartcan, thump-thump, gangstuh cars have them but wonder if they are totally legal for bikes. If they're not legal for bikes, they shouldn't be for car IMHO.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My understanding is they are ok in my state and locale as long as amber to side and red to rear. Follows the traditional lighting of vehicles. Mine are amber and yellow mixed. Have heard of guys getting hassled for blue or red because they feel like it could be misinterpreted as a police vehicle.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
I was thinking the name would be giant glowing B nanner instead of J hO, but then again what would I know. hehe :banana:

·
Yup....paid my $15.00
143 Posts
Lights look great!!

Hey, don't want to hijack this thread, but I have a question about your tour pack Road Glider.

I assume you have it set up as detachable right? Now, do you use a solo seat, like a Corbin, or Mustang when the lady is not with you?

Also, what do you do with the wires?? I know people say you can hide them, but how easy and un-noticeable are they?

Finally, did you have to run your wires for the speakers to the front fairing?

(And yes, I have used the search button, but most of the posts are from people that have Ultras and trying to go detach. Not that many with RG's).

Thanks....your post is appreciated.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Vrod, tourpack is set up with quick detatch but no it has never been off and no I don't run a solo seat. Sorry but with this scoot, for now at least, not expecting to strip her down that way. Besides I have too much crap in the tourpac that I can' live without. It's like getting used to the size of that new house you just got. You just seem to grow into the space you have available.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts