V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Seasoned Rider
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never been happy with the cheesy license plate frames that Harley sells, so I ordered a custom frame from Becart (www.becart.com) in Robbinsville, NC. They made a frame for my Audi TT, so I basically had them recreate the same frame style in a polished version for my RKC.

It's not cheap ($75), but this thing is hand made, superb quality, built like a tank, and it just adds to the custom look of my 'scoot.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Nice frame and fits the plate perfectly... Now you can cut down the back plate on the bike to make it look even better...!

·
Seasoned Rider
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to stop by a dealership this weekend and purchase the layback plate/ frame holder . The back plate is smaller than stock, it's chrome plated, and it has a small strip of reflective tape along the bottom for added visibility. Will repost another photo.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
I made a lay down plate for my Road King out of an old street sign. Sandwiched the plate between 2 chrome license plate frames. One on the back one on the front. Looks great. Easy to do. Costs about 7 bucks. email and I'll send you pics and directions. [email protected]

·
Registered
247 Posts
I was going to buy the factory "lay down" plate for my Electraglide but I didn't like the red reflective strip with the Harley Davidson script. Luckily while looking at that plate I saw one from Custom Chrome. It mounts the same bot no reflective strip. I paired it with a plate frame and I am very happy with the look.

·
Registered
146 Posts
BBQ, EasyRiders in Greensboro has an after market laydown that works great. Bolts up nice, I like it better than the HD layback. Bought one this past Monday for my '03 RK EFI for $39.95 + tax.
Let me know if you are interested....we might make a trade for one of your helmet lights.;) That might be a place for you to contact to sell them anyway. They have some nice after market stuff plus some damn nice chopper/custom bikes.

Rad

·
Seasoned Rider
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up buying a Custom Chrome version yesterday evening. Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Very nice!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Now top it off with a Custom Chrome billet frame designed by Rick Doss, Inc. (Rick lives here in my home town of Danvile,Va) It looks great on my Road King Classic. Also check out Rick's new site RevengeClycle.com

·
Registered
146 Posts
Alright BBQ. That is the one I bought. I didn't look at the manufacturer til now. I bet it worked well, good choice.
I must ask.....what can we do to hide the holes in the plate?

Rad

·
Registered
247 Posts
Radman. I bought an Arlen Ness "Alternatives" license plate frame. It has studs on the backside that extend through the license plate holes and then the nuts screw on from the back of the lay down plate. Everything is fluh when lookin at the bike. No holes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts