V-Twin Forum banner

Let's see those beautiful Dynas!

884K views 2K replies 872 participants last post by  bgraberjazz 
#1 ·
If you've got a picture of your Dyna please post it. I'm always looking for more ideas of things to do to mine and it helps to see what others have done...or not done. Also state what things you want to do when you have the time and money. For me, the next purchase will be tires. Sounds like Metzelers are the way to go. Would like to get saddle bags but I really like the stripped down look of a Dyna. I also have the stock seat and a sissy bar. I might get a luggage rack for the sissy bar. It's cheaper than saddle bags...although it won't hold as much. Thanks for your pictures and ideas.

#2 ·
My 01 Wide Glide....a work in progress

Tony

#6 ·
Here's my 05 Dyna Super Glide. Right now it's got S/E mufflers and Air Cleaner. It's also got the detachable backrest. I put on a set of 12" shocks I bought off of Ebay to lower it a bit. I've got a set of 3 1/2" straight risers I'm going to put on it but I've got to either get them rechromed or powercoated. Bought those off of Ebay too but I didn't know how badly scratched up the chrome was. I also want a stock seat off of a Lowrider.

later,
KrustyTC

#7 ·
What seat is that? I've been thinking about selling my stock seat for one that's more comfortable for the passenger. I wonder if yours would fit mine and mine yours. I have the 02 Lowrider at the top of this thread. The stock seat is not pictured, though. In the picture is a Sundowner solo seat. Anyway, lovin' all these pics...keep 'em coming.

#8 ·
Sorry Bro, the 02 and 05 seats are different and aren't interchangeable. Mine has the stock SuperGlide seat. When I bought it I also bought the Sundowner seat so I don't really need the stock seat for 2 up riding. I'd rather have the smoother look of the Lowrider seat for solo riding. That way I can ditch the sissybar too for a cleaner look.

Thanks for the offer though.

later,
KrustyTC

#9 ·
See if these work or not. I own a 06 wideglide. Not alot done to it. I removed the reflectors, added chrome bungee lugs to the rear fender support. Swapped original mufflers for screamin eagle pro II + . Fabricated a mount to attach Magellan roadmate 300 GPS to the handle bars, also wired a hidden power cord for it. changed all grips and foot controls/grips. Finally a small leather bar bag. Love this bike.

#20 ·
This is my 1999 FXDX. It now has a Corbin Gunfighter and Lady seat, a pad on the backrest, SE2 slipons w/black heat shields, and a set of the convertible saddlbags. Shoot, I guess it has changed quite a bit this year...

Most of the changes were made to accomodate a passenger and to help when I go to prison (with the Bill Glass ministries that is).

I have an FXDX-T faring and triple trees on the way, and future plans for powdercoating more of the chrome.

#24 ·
I still can't figure out this picture stuff on my computer with getting pics saved in the right kind of file where they will load (because being too big). Some good ones I did reduce can't be loaded because I have put them in some other thread already (any help?) Anyway, here's a couple of my WG that is making retirement MUCH more enjoyable. I really enjoy the friendships in here and appreciate very much the advice that all the "WRENCHES" have to offer. I have saved a good handful of money by following advice in here.

1995 FXDWG
-Paint is HOK by "Colormania"
-Andrews EV-3
-Carlini Torque Arm
-Kuryakyn Hypercharger
-Screaming Eagle ignition
-Chrome....just about everything
-Pat Kennedy Triple Trees
-Arlen Ness grips, bars, and custom rear light/license plate holder
-Badlander seat (Ouch...after about 100 miles)
-Revtech billet brake calipers...4 piston (these make a HUGE difference)
-Arlen Ness billet headlight
-Custom polished aluminum wheels (one of a kind)
-HD heel stirrups (best $175 I ever spent) (Not shown in these pics)
-Kuryakyn mirrors with LED blinkers in housings (super bright amber/orange)

Semper Fi,
Steve...Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003

#939 ·
too big!

Semper Fi*** Hi Steve, I'm a Steve also. For your images d/l IrfanView. BEST free image s/w out there. U can resize, crop, etc. It's free! Been using it and turning others on to it for years. U can also batch convert to all kinds of formats. Give it a spin. If U do, keep looking at all the diff options from time2time. It is very powerful and small. There's also a portable version U can use from a jump stik.

Semper Fi

3dusmc AKA usmcvnvet67

#25 ·
Here is my 2005 Low Rider. Not too many changes, just stage 1, V&H Pro Pipe, Windvest, Boss Bags, Bar Enterprises solo seat, Motherwell fender rack, billet clutch adjust nut cover, chrome lower belt gaurd, Aileron grips, and turn signal relocation/lay down plate kit. The only thing left that I want to do is Progressive 440 shocks and springs in the forks.