V-Twin Forum banner

1741 - 1760 of 1772 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I like it. Who makes the 2-1?
The luggage rack looks like Trumps comb-over but is handy to have on there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
04, took down to the frame, new everything...124 cvo/S&S build.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ive done and redone stuff to my Dyna Superglide ever since I picked it up 2 years ago. I decided it will be my keeper, so Im spending stupid money, to make it my very own. It came with very low mileage, and hardly ever left the previous owners garage. So, I had a clean slate to mold. Its getting an S&S 509g complete camchest upgrade currently. We opened her up, and checked runout, before ordering the geardrive set. Im looking forward to having the stage 2 completion in a week or so. I hope everyone has a great Christmas and NewYear ! Im very happy to finally have Sundays off after 4 years. Here is my 2003 FXD currently.
IMG_1081.jpg

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ive done and redone stuff to my Dyna Superglide ever since I picked it up 2 years ago. I decided it will be my keeper, so Im spending stupid money, to make it my very own. It came with very low mileage, and hardly ever left the previous owners garage. So, I had a clean slate to mold. Its getting an S&S 509g complete camchest upgrade currently. We opened her up, and checked runout, before ordering the geardrive set. Im looking forward to having the stage 2 completion in a week or so. I hope everyone has a great Christmas and NewYear ! Im very happy to finally have Sundays off after 4 years. Here is my 2003 FXD currently. View attachment 267553
Man hell yeah.
Im in the same boat and totally always keeping mine.
Great looking bike bro!

Reactions: Fallguy

·
Premium Member
7,064 Posts
Looks good. My Super Glide looks very little like it did the day it came home. Well, you can tell it's a Super Glide. Local stealer's service manager couldn't tell though so I'll leave it up to you to figure that one out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks good. My Super Glide looks very little like it did the day it came home. Well, you can tell it's a Super Glide. Local stealer's service manager couldn't tell though so I'll leave it up to you to figure that one out.
Post a pic.. My biggest desire was to change out the 19inch stock front wheel/tire with custom 21 x 3.5 w/120/70-21 and narrowglide front end. And bars, and bars are being changed again, and grips, eyebrow, risers, headlight, front springs, and ??? I guess it never ends really lol

·
Premium Member
7,064 Posts
I wanted something a little wider than the narrow glide front end and went with mid glide trees from Vulcan. Vulcan isn't the easiest to work with in my experience and I would wait days for a response to emails and calls. Nice trees though with the exception that even loosened up it was a bitch getting the forks to slide into them. Not sure about the later model Dyna's but what I found with my '05 was there wasn't a whole bunch of off-the-shelf options like there was/is for the Soft Tails.

I also changed out the wheel for a 21" 80 spoke from American Wire with a rear to match and it looks awesome in my opinion if you like an older school look. I toyed with all kinds of ideas and settled on spokes and glad I did. Some of the mags I like, most I don't. I just they look out of place with a bike design that retains a lot of the old school styling. Kind of like an old school airplane with glass replacing the steam gauges. Functionally superior but loses a lot of 'character'.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I wanted something a little wider than the narrow glide front end and went with mid glide trees from Vulcan. Vulcan isn't the easiest to work with in my experience and I would wait days for a response to emails and calls. Nice trees though with the exception that even loosened up it was a bitch getting the forks to slide into them. Not sure about the later model Dyna's but what I found with my '05 was there wasn't a whole bunch of off-the-shelf options like there was/is for the Soft Tails.

I also changed out the wheel for a 21" 80 spoke from American Wire with a rear to match and it looks awesome in my opinion if you like an older school look. I toyed with all kinds of ideas and settled on spokes and glad I did. Some of the mags I like, most I don't. I just they look out of place with a bike design that retains a lot of the old school styling. Kind of like an old school airplane with glass replacing the steam gauges. Functionally superior but loses a lot of 'character'.
I settled on the accutronix Wideglide, tripple tree set up. Fork tubes and everything else was a direct fit. No problem. I almost put a Springer front end, but like the tubefork handling. I had a 1991 FXSTC that I really liked, and every bike after that has had a solid rear, and spoked front 21inch wheel. Im not a fan of blades or the like wheels, however this Mission chrome 21 x 3.5 wheel really grabbed me. The 120/70-21 front tire handles awesome. The bike is kinda nostalgic, but with modern touches. Thats why Im taking off the Todd's 12inch z-bars and installing wider 12inch KST z-bars.

·
Premium Member
7,064 Posts
I looked at the Accutronx forwards but wanted to move the master cylinder to the front. I went with some Supreme Legends forwards and got a buddy of mine to make me a stainless 'adapter' that replaces the rear master cylinder and lets me use a normal brake line from the brake control back and retain the stock brake light switch location. Chucked it in a drill press and polished it up and it looks and works great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you've got a picture of your Dyna please post it. I'm always looking for more ideas of things to do to mine and it helps to see what others have done...or not done. Also state what things you want to do when you have the time and money. For me, the next purchase will be tires. Sounds like Metzelers are the way to go. Would like to get saddle bags but I really like the stripped down look of a Dyna. I also have the stock seat and a sissy bar. I might get a luggage rack for the sissy bar. It's cheaper than saddle bags...although it won't hold as much. Thanks for your pictures and ideas.
1CE85605-3B60-4D90-BF48-467E0732D6D8.jpeg
1CE85605-3B60-4D90-BF48-467E0732D6D8.jpeg

12 fxdb.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you've got a picture of your Dyna please post it. I'm always looking for more ideas of things to do to mine and it helps to see what others have done...or not done. Also state what things you want to do when you have the time and money. For me, the next purchase will be tires. Sounds like Metzelers are the way to go. Would like to get saddle bags but I really like the stripped down look of a Dyna. I also have the stock seat and a sissy bar. I might get a luggage rack for the sissy bar. It's cheaper than saddle bags...although it won't hold as much. Thanks for your pictures and ideas.
20201023_141024.jpg

1741 - 1760 of 1772 Posts