V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 40 of 3344 Posts

·
Rubber mounted Rider
194 Posts
84 Fxrt

Changed this one for at 2000 FXDX, still feels that the FXR was the best handling bike.

Visit my site at www.hdfxr.dk and send me a picture for my gallary.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Cainpole, The front end is made by GCB Ceriani (Italy) and I think it is the same as marketed by Storz in The USA. I'll post more pics as soon as I get chance. Cheers Steve.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
As promised, new pics. taken outdoors.
Bike as yet unfinished. Next winter plans to widen rear frame and swingarm to accomodate 200 series rear wheel and tyre (UK eng.) changing from belt to chain drive and moving motor and trans to the left about 1/2-5/8".
View attachment 32164

View attachment 32165
click to enlarge pic.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I really love that look. Real beefy up front with that fat tire and inverted forks. I'm using your photo for my computer's desktop wallpaper.

I'm noticing many have done away with the factory rear fender support struts and moved the shock mounting position to that forward hole on the frame. I plan on doing this next winter also. I lowered the rear a fair amount by going with 11 1/2" Sportster Hugger shocks but have a lot of space left over between the wheel and fender for shock bottoming. Moving the mount forward will provide a more solid flat-foot for me.

I also like the looks of the solid wheels shown in a few of the photos here. I've heard all the arguments of wind and such, but I'm thinking an obese rider, or passenger, would provide much more sail than solid wheels, and they are affecting is even more at their higher center of gravity.

The Dane-
Those are some great FXR photos on your website. Lots of hotties too!

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Ka-Ka said:
I really love that look. Real beefy up front with that fat tire and inverted forks. I'm using your photo for my computer's desktop wallpaper.
Thanx to Ka-Ka for the compliments. Being a Brit I like the look of Exile Cycles and am going slightly that way even tho' I dont have a hardtail. I just spent 12 years riding a hardtail chopper and now appreciate the comfort. Next comes the 200 rear

·
Registered
906 Posts
stev36mc said:
Bike as yet unfinished. Next winter plans to widen rear frame and swingarm to accomodate 200 series rear wheel and tyre (UK eng.) changing from belt to chain drive and moving motor and trans to the left about 1/2-5/8".
View attachment 32164

View attachment 32165
click to enlarge pic.
Can't tell you how much I like that look...nice!!!! I am a fan of exile bikes and what they do with the front end and the black theme, you got it right there with a fxr..yes!!!

21 - 40 of 3344 Posts