V-Twin Forum banner

3781 - 3800 of 3815 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Polish it up! Let's see it then!
Normally when I’m wanting to sell or trade, I do polish it up, but in the case I will not be doing that, mostly because I don’t have the time or skill set to do so. If I get this bike polished up and gorgeous, the price will go up...this is a diamond in the rough.

·
Registered
12,153 Posts
Normally when I’m wanting to sell or trade, I do polish it up, but in the case I will not be doing that, mostly because I don’t have the time or skill set to do so. If I get this bike polished up and gorgeous, the price will go up...this is a diamond in the rough.
Don't wash it because grime has been collecting for a long time and it would take some elbow grease to bring it up to par. Besides water might collect in a spot the new owner wouldn't wish it to be.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1982 FXR Shovelhead
145 Posts
One of my brothers found this old picture of my first FXR. I bought it as a basket case from a guy who powder coated the frame and swingarm, so I had to work with that color. He did the graphics, rock texture was popular in the 90's.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here is some pictures of my bone stock 1986 FXR export model with factory spoke wheels (yes I have the original exhaust system, just not on the bike.) Sold new in Sweden in spring of 1986. I'm the third owner.

I'va had many Harleys over the last 25 years, most notably, 29D, 37E, 38EL, 46F. 28J, and an 1983 FLHS.
The 29D was interesting but extremely fragile with its standing generator, the 28J was a really nice bike to drive, terrible brakes in traffic, the 37 and 38 OHV:s were wonderful motorcycles, the 46 74" OHV was really the most excellent of the vintage harleys I owned. The 83 FLHS was a very nice and comfortable but somewhat slow motorcycle. Enter the 86 FXR; the only motorcycle I think is close to give the same type of driving excitement that the knuckleheads had.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
91' 96" Delkron cases. S&S Innards balanced by California Fritz.
Nice bike!
I just picked up a pair of those saddlebags with no mounting instructions.
I'm also not sure if he provided all the spacers.
Would it be possible to show a couple of pics of the mounting points?
I wasn't sure if I could use my strut covers and turn signals.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice bike!
I had to cut and fab a spacer on the right side to accommodate the exhaust hanger.I don't run passenger pegs so I'll try to snap a few pics and upload them. I'm an old technically challenged dude so you might want to pm me your phone number if I can't figure ouy the uploading stuff

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice bike!
Oh yaa, I relocated the turn signals

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
I'm wingin' it.
I have different exhaust and shocks so a bit of notch, cut, heat/bend, weld and paint has been required.
It doesn't look like I can run the strut covers without cutting them up, so I probably won't.
The turn signals look like they can be used if I modify the spacers. I moved mine to the back like yours a while ago.

·
Registered
17,501 Posts
I'm wingin' it.
I have different exhaust and shocks so a bit of notch, cut, heat/bend, weld and paint has been required.
I always thought that was SOP for working on FXRs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3781 - 3800 of 3815 Posts