V-Twin Forum banner

3741 - 3760 of 3774 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
^^ You better do something different to mount that pipe, ... Gonna be a Problem...
BTW that sure is an "Angular" Pipe... What Flavor??

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Daamn, I better fix that quick. How did I ride that for the last 30 years....
You didn't ride with that Pipe mounted like that for No 30 years... no One could... unless that pipe is schedule 40 or Better... Or??? What is the mileage??
My '82 didn't make it 2 years before the first headpipe broke...Stock
took another before I figured it out...and I had the Donut!!!

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
You didn't ride with that Pipe mounted like that for No 30 years... no One could... unless that pipe is schedule 40 or Better... Or??? What is the mileage??
My '82 didn't make it 2 years before the first headpipe broke...Stock
took another before I figured it out...and I had the Donut!!!
Maybe you should have purchased a Supertrap exhaust...

20201022_220624.jpg

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
No Thanks... Carry on... I didn't think you purchased that Bike and Exhaust New..
It Will Fail... IDC who made it... Rubber-mounted attached to Solid-mounted is really a simple Math thing!!!

·
Registered
17,337 Posts
Daamn, I better fix that quick. How did I ride that for the last 30 years....
You've had that SuperTrapp exhaust for 30 yrs?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Racepres

·
Premium Member
1986 FXRSC #3/1250 Original Owner
222 Posts
I been following this thread for a while,,, I see several FXR models.. but never see any FXLR-C ... anyone got one.. Mine is..
I never heard of a FXLRC. Mine is a FXRC or FXRSC and thats the only designation I have seen them use.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I been following this thread for a while,,, I see several FXR models.. but never see any FXLR-C ... anyone got one.. Mine is..
Yeah, I own a FXLR (not for as long as you) but I've never heard of a "C" either.
So I researched a little and the only place I see that designation used is by people selling at auctions/ebay.
I don't think H-D ever called it that.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Yeah, I own a FXLR (not for as long as you) but I've never heard of a "C" either.
So I researched a little and the only place I see that designation used is by people selling at auctions/ebay.
Not sure where, but I believe when I purchased it, the C stood for custom.. Fell in love with it when I saw it on the showroom floor. Maybe it had a few more options.. or maybe thats just what the dealer called it. But I will say... I made it my custom! Did the LR come with 2 gauges? Speedo and tach ... had the solid rear rim and spoked 21" front, leather strap down the center of the gas tank... I would love to find an original one, I'd buy it in a minute if the price was right. I've had so much fun and memorable rides with this bike. I think it's one of the finest bikes Harley ever built. Handles great, looks great and runs great! I have to get it back together this winter.. I miss riding it so much. But, at least now that I souped up the FLHTCU.... I enjoy the heck out of it. Two goals this winter, get the 68 XLCH running and get the FXLR running ..

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
How bout some pictures of that bad boy...

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I had a Supertrapp mounted like that on a FXR back in the 90's. Rode it for 6 years like that. Took the pipe off when I sold the bike, still have the pipe, 25 years old and in great shape. Used it on my current FXR for a year, then when I went 113 cu in. switched to a stepped pipe. If I ever go back to the 80" motor I'll use it again. But I now have the correct bracket that mounts to the trans.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Not sure where, but I believe when I purchased it, the C stood for custom.. Fell in love with it when I saw it on the showroom floor. Maybe it had a few more options.. or maybe thats just what the dealer called it. But I will say... I made it my custom! Did the LR come with 2 gauges? Speedo and tach ... had the solid rear rim and spoked 21" front, leather strap down the center of the gas tank... I would love to find an original one, I'd buy it in a minute if the price was right. I've had so much fun and memorable rides with this bike. I think it's one of the finest bikes Harley ever built. Handles great, looks great and runs great! I have to get it back together this winter.. I miss riding it so much. But, at least now that I souped up the FLHTCU.... I enjoy the heck out of it. Two goals this winter, get the 68 XLCH running and get the FXLR running ..
It was called an FXLR Low Rider Custom, the was never a "C" attached. There was an FXRC from '85-'87, the candy glide and blue frames, so this may where the mix up started. The FXLR came from the factory with only a speedo but offered the tach and dual bracket in the accessory catalog, it was a common add on. The solid rear rim and spoked 21" front, leather strap down the center of the gas tank is how they came from the factory as well. The handlebars were unique to the model, I always thought they were comfortable. The FXLR and FXRS-SP were the only 2 bikes to get 39mm forks in '87. I waffled between getting an LR or SP when they came out, ended up getting an SP, but sometimes think of finding an unmolested FXLR.

3741 - 3760 of 3774 Posts