V-Twin Forum banner

3681 - 3700 of 3730 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Joe, NO, not at all! Have a new primary cover,too as well as a new, unpainted tank and some new handlebars. I'll be going down to the garage soon and try to take some decent pictures. thanks for all your help, you guys.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do you see all the pictures (did you see them before?)

What's being said in Dennis Hopper's voice, ***damn, what a mess?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have more pictures...fenders, handlebars, etc,etc...it's all in pieces as I told you before, and in boxes. It's a basket-case in boxes!

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Have never said that, but some guys have nice bikes and let them sit most of the year. Unless one has a disability, if they only put on 2000 miles in a season, not worth the plates and insurance IMO.
Agreed on that...Reason I have Historic plates on a couple... cheaper for the ones that only get 1k or maybe 2k a year on 'em...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here are more of the poor beast:
The rocker box is in a box, as are the rest of the engine parts that are missing. (pictured is carb., but I have a few more too. Might as well, nothing else to do, but wait for beautiful Fall weather)

Attachments

·
Registered
1982 FXR Shovelhead
48 Posts
Looks like a fine project, have fun

·
Registered
11,784 Posts
Looks fantastic!
Back seat looks really comfy!
Can't wait to see "mine" done...

How ya'll doin'?
The fellow holding the left handlebar in the other pictures won't be able to join this forum. He is too thin. Feed him some pasta.haha

Sent from a fxr wannabe

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have to saute onions, red, green and yellow bell peppers to add to the sauce...I like jalepenos and hot red peppers, but I add them to mine after, 'cause Charlie's a Yankee so he likes his sauce mild!

I'll keep cookin' for him as long as he keeps giving me rides on Sally, the Wide-Glide!

·
Registered
11,784 Posts
You should try the Korean hot sauce sold at Walmart a few drops go a long way. I grow yellow bell peppers can be picked when green or red before turning yellow. My tomatoes are gone already and the cucumber vines are sad, but pepper bushes keep producing until frost.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,784 Posts
Well this short discussion has been delightful, but this is the FXR forum and that's why I view it even though I don't own one.haha. I respect these fine gentlemen (cough) who come here and post their pictures and comment. Yes I fiddle with fahmin. Ya just have to know how to beat the heat of SE NC.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Awesome tractor...yes Harleys are where it's at. Can't help it.Charlie says I'm a "purist". Especially the FXRs and the 70s Superglides, the shovelheads.

3681 - 3700 of 3730 Posts