V-Twin Forum banner

3601 - 3620 of 3629 Posts

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Oh damn! I’m in the wrong room it seems! Lol! It’s hard to get it all straight sometimes especially when it’s been a while since I’ve touched her. LowRider it is for sure so FXS it probably is. I can delete the post because I am not one to intrude upon the fun :) Good reading here though! Very nice bikes :D
No Need for deletion...I kinda have a soft spot for 4 speed models... But..
Since there are disparities on your particular ride. sure would be nice to know the two letters after the 1HD1 on yer VIN... as now I just gotta Know!!!!!
Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
No Need for deletion...I kinda have a soft spot for 4 speed models... But..
Since there are disparities on your particular ride. sure would be nice to know the two letters after the 1HD1 on yer VIN... as now I just gotta Know!!!!!
Thanks
I'm rolling with it. :) My next bike will be an FXR since I owned one in my head for a day, so I'll go with it!

VIN 1HD1BCK1XCY011498

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ironically, I went to a VIN site... Which I had cache for and my VIN was already cached. I mean, I literally KNEW my bike a few years ago when I was shopping parts, but lol! I was excited she cleaned up worth a crap!!! Pollen suuuuucks here in GA - I did have my doubts. :D I'll need a air cleaner cover because that is pretty much pitted to death, but the rest is intact.

·
Loctite Enthusiast
50 Posts

·
Loctite Enthusiast
50 Posts

Reactions: V-STRUM

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Beautiful! That color rocks! I see you have lowering springs on her, how is that working. I kinda wanna squat her down, but not at the expense of corner stablity. I probably won't do it, but good to hear experiences.
I know that you didn't ask me, But, IMHO you want Squatty? keep yer 4-speed... none better
Having Both... they are two different Worlds... and the fun I have on my FXR.... I would Never lower it... maybe Raise it just a Bit!!!

·
Loctite Enthusiast
50 Posts
I know that you didn't ask me, But, IMHO you want Squatty? keep yer 4-speed... none better
Having Both... they are two different Worlds... and the fun I have on my FXR.... I would Never lower it... maybe Raise it just a Bit!!!
I have both the ‘82 FXRS and ‘82 FLH; the FXRS came with a 5 speed and rubber isolation engine mounts, the FLH came with the 4 speed and the engine mounted directly to the frame. Love them both, but they are completely different animals. The FLH with the 4 speed definitely sits down low.

·
Loctite Enthusiast
50 Posts
Beautiful! That color rocks! I see you have lowering springs on her, how is that working. I kinda wanna squat her down, but not at the expense of corner stablity. I probably won't do it, but good to hear experiences.
To be quite honest, I never noticed if it had lowering springs. I am the 2nd owner. The bike sat under a tarp outside since 2008, and I bought it in 2017. Took me 1 1/2 years to bring it back to life. It’s quick and it rides and corners well, so I won’t mess with the suspension.

·
Registered
14 Posts
To be quite honest, I never noticed if it had lowering springs. I am the 2nd owner. The bike sat under a tarp outside since 2008, and I bought it in 2017. Took me 1 1/2 years to bring it back to life. It’s quick and it rides and corners well, so I won’t mess with the suspension.
Dude, I hate how that happens! My bike hung out for waaaay longer than I was intending when I got frustrated at the clutch.... LOL! I'd look at her and go... "I'm getting to you Mama!!! I promise!!!" :/ At least yours was rescued from under a tarp and not beside a barn in some of the elements directly. Beautiful ride again - that color is lovely!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, lowering was a passing thought - looking at her and thinking, yeah about an inch would 'look' good. Lasted about 15 minutes of research and naaaaa... Mama Nasty (my Shovel) is a fun ride, not quite as fun as my 79 Sporty (The OG 'Nasty' with the namesake - 18 shades of black, loud and.. well... just nasty). Nasty was hella enjoyable when she wasn't trying to kill me. lol! Probably the most nimble bike I've owned and she was a blast light to light - trips... No way... But Mama Nasty is fun in her own way and I can carry my wife around for things she wanted to do with me. The original owner bought a Heritage Classic and had her up on sale but, like me when I sold Nasty, he was looking for someone who understood what kind of loving these old bikes need so she remains a thing and not just parted out. I actually hated selling Nasty, but I was literally out of room which predicated the whole leaving Mama Nasty there because I had no room to work. I have one more sell (83 Honda Magna) and then I will be golden. But I have enough room to do **** now!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I figured you would like saucy if she was nasty! Haha

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
I do like her! She seems 'proper' to me haha! I don't know how non-stock she is, but the grittier the look, the better! I am on a rat bike forum too... Kinda stupid stuff mostly but I find beauty in old things and sometimes they get heavily modded by necessity to keep them going. Saucy is both pretty and comes with an attitude. Man, Atlanta is so weird. Soooo many Harley dealers so nobody has around here has an old bike and nobody even notices my bike for what she is (disclaimer: I really don't care). I totally fluffed the identification of my bike where I actually KNOW the damn identification of my bike at one point but hanging out here is awesome. FXR vs FXS is just a different brother who likes iron, in my case anyway. lol

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
586 Posts
@Quualudes oh the wench has been molested big time. But I like em all, even a bad Harley is better than no harley! Lol shes definitely.... different. Funny thing is there isn't a single 'H-D' word on the bike other than what I stuck on the side covers. People just know, ya know? Only thing that annoys me about running it around is I still have people asking me if it's a sportster. Lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
@Quualudes oh the wench has been molested big time. But I like em all, even a bad Harley is better than no harley! Lol shes definitely.... different. Funny thing is there isn't a single 'H-D' word on the bike other than what I stuck on the side covers. People just know, ya know? Only thing that annoys me about running it around is I still have people asking me if it's a sportster. Lol

That would be a big a** sporty lol! :D I loved my OG "Nasty" sporty, she was truly a beast that would try and kill me most of the time. She had.... personality. :) What color was she? As many shades of black you could find! haha! As much as ironheads annoy me sometimes, they all have personality and deserve to live when possible. Finding parts is freaking impossible sometimes, but that's the game. I found out yesterday that my left turn signal lights were not working. No voltage to the light (so most likely a fuse since both front and rear don't light and they are on the same circuit, sourcing wiring diagrams now), but also found out the right front light housing had a broken shroud (as I wanted to see what a working side was doing on the meter) and literally only found one authentic part number matching shroud on eBay. Bought it, no other option. lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
@Nick90

This is Nasty, the OG of the Nasty heritage. lol! The Shovel know as Mama Nasty is just a grown up version of Nasty - more refined, better acting, but still ornery.

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
586 Posts
@Quualudes I love me a rotten ironhead something fierce! I always go after switches first, tons of crap gathers up on the contacts.... and kicking up an Ironhead will definitely make a man out of you and put hair on your ass for sure! I had a 76 xlch for a very brief period of time and it was a total disaster. Cant bring myself to go back.... lol not man enough I guess in my old age.... (29)

3601 - 3620 of 3629 Posts