V-Twin Forum banner

3501 - 3520 of 3690 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I feel sad for that frame, it's screaming for more horses! I don't think I have ever seen a kick start pan in an fxr frame b4. To each their own! Keep the rubber side down.
But, That is Not actually a Pan Trans... that one of the Chiwanese [well maybe Not... Maybe Baker] 5 speed kicker Kits!!
So... Knowing that.. that is most probably just a Generator Right side on a cone Left case... with Shovel/Evo length Output [sprocket] Shaft...

·
Registered
41 Posts

1. But, That is Not actually a Pan Trans... that one of the Chiwanese [well maybe Not... Maybe Baker] 5 speed kicker Kits!!
    So... Knowing that.. that is most probably just a Generator Right side on a cone Left case... with Shovel/Evo length Output [sprocket] Shaft...
    That would make sense. 🥴

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
"I feel sad for that frame, it's screaming for more horses! "
A 93" Pan with lightened flywheels, Shovelhead valves in the heads, and a Lienweber cam, would be a blast.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
"I feel sad for that frame, it's screaming for more horses! "
A 93" Pan with lightened flywheels, Shovelhead valves in the heads, and a Lienweber cam, would be a blast.
Nah...I would get with Barry at Accurate... get good looking Heads that Work... still look like Panheads externally...
Cost 3 times the Price of even Fair Evos, to go Slower!!!!!

Kind of reminds me of Indian Larry's last build off bike that had one knuckle head and one pan head. It looked interesting!
Yea... How very Practical!!!! NOT
Hell we was running single cylinder Ironheads when I was still in H.S.
Couldn't afford Two!!!!!!

·
Registered
1982 FXR Shovelhead
35 Posts
Hello I just joined this forum, I heard it's the place for all good FXR information.
I bought this 82 FXR from a work buddy a couple years ago. He owned it since 1990, and it is very original, but tired. I knew it had a base gasket leak, so I decided to fix that and a few other things, and ride it this summer, because it felt and sounded good. But, one thing lead to another, and I'm doing a complete tear-down now.

Here's a short video of the bike running, you can see how it is a nice survivor:

FXR walkarouond

·
Registered
16,732 Posts
But, one thing lead to another, and I'm doing a complete tear-down now.
That happens.

Looks like a great project. And you're right. Quite a few guys here know their sh!t. Unfortunately, I'm not one.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
610 Posts
@Alan S me either. Lol I'm still trying to figure out why I wanted an FXR in the first place... hahhahhaha

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Good to see ya here Joe... Hopefully it will be a help in some of your Questions specifically concerning FXR's

·
Registered
1982 FXR Shovelhead
35 Posts
Thanks, Race, I'm looking forward to looking around.

·
Registered
8 Posts
FXLR.png

My Ole Hotrod! 1988 FXLR-C ... owned it since 89, currently down with a broken oil pump\cam drive shaft. Basically snapped the flywheel center pin clean off in the case. I guess making 120rwhp for the last 25 years took it's toll .. sure was a lot of fun though...

3501 - 3520 of 3690 Posts