V-Twin Forum banner

3401 - 3420 of 3430 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Please inform if you don't mind
What is "cheap"
Never enough info
$300, doesnt run. Someone rebuilt it but apparently like their ass and it leaks from every gasket on it. Including the rear head gasket.
Battery is dead. I assumed the P.O. couldn't be bothered with warming it up before he blasted around to hear how "loud and fast" it was portrayed to be. However, clean title, engine and frame #'s match. So I said what the hell. Told the county clerk I paid $150 to avoid sales tax. Lol it has new-ish dunlops, brand new chain and sprockets, the mustang seat, a super E, etc. Could probably flip it for a profit, but I already put a 5yr plate for $100 and paid a yrs worth of insurance for $80. See if I can straighten it out...

·
Registered
607 Posts
I`m stunned....now that`s REALLY cheap...
I guess there´s a curse on it, if the p.o. let`s go that cheap...i mean that`s nearly free..!

·
Registered
482 Posts
I`m stunned....now that`s REALLY cheap...
I guess there´s a curse on it, if the p.o. let`s go that cheap...i mean that`s nearly free..!
PO bought it from a friend of his (original owner who bought it new), who was terminally ill. (He ended up shooting himself....) so the guy just couldn't stand to look at it anymore... he hardly rode it. I hope it's not cursed. And I hope I didn't get any bad karma. I tried to talk him into keeping it. But we settled, and I bought. I dont get any bad vibes from the bike. It's still got the original owners bell on it... wife told me to take it off, but maybe THAT would curse me.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts
Tightened anything I found that was loose, checked points, plugs, etc. Tossed in a new battery, old one was toast. Cold cranking compression was 165~ psi on both jugs. Two whacks of the throttle and full enrichment, fired right up. No rattles, no ticks, no nothing. Just loud ass pipes... 40psi cold oil pressure, between 5-10psi warmed up. Took her on the maiden voyage. Shes a ripper. Oil change in all three holes this weekend then I'm gonna ride the hell out of her.
I'm ecstatic. I have named her Layla.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Oil pressure seems a bit High
I would watch/investigate
Good luck with it
I agree. I think the gauge is suspect. It's from Oklahoma and I'm at around 8k ft elevation so I thing I'm gonna mess with the jets a bit. Just work on it and ride kinda things. She feels solid. Couldn't ask for more. Even my ol lady (who hates motorcycles) said It was too good of a deal to pass up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My thoughts exactly cap. I know from experience that he would probably rather have has home boy back but at least he is with you every day now. I ended up with my best friends sporty back in 16’ after he killed him self. Miss that mofo every day I go to garage. And then really bad once or twice a year I take the bike out.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
You usually are. It was a lighthearted reply. If you like wide WW cool. . You talk about bikes having potential, "in the right hands". Let's see some pictures of yours.And not photos from yesteryear, current.

·
Registered
10,814 Posts
You usually are. It was a lighthearted reply. If you like wide WW cool. . You talk about bikes having potential, "in the right hands". Let's see some pictures of yours.And not photos from yesteryear, current.
How about redneckie or rednecky? If the plural of redneck is rednecks then why is the plural of sheep still sheep?

tarheel

3401 - 3420 of 3430 Posts