V-Twin Forum banner

3361 - 3380 of 3430 Posts

·
In disguise
2,727 Posts
With so many FXR's blacked out, the chrome is looking kind of retro (dated?) now.
Nah. When that bike was new, it was all about chrome. It looks perfectly appropriate. That having been said, there's nothing wrong with going the blackout route, as that seems to be what's happening now. But I draw a difference between "retro" (positive) and "dated" (negative).

·
In disguise
2,727 Posts
Its been a while since I posted a picture of mine.

Last summer at the Gettysburg Bike Week show.
Dang, Therm. It's a shame you let that thing get so neglected and ragged out. Pretty much a parts bike now, huh?

You do know I'm kidding, right?

Beautiful survivor.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Nah. When that bike was new, it was all about chrome. It looks perfectly appropriate. That having been said, there's nothing wrong with going the blackout route, as that seems to be what's happening now. But I draw a difference between "retro" (positive) and "dated" (negative).
Damn... Now I'm "Dated"
Hopefully by a hot chick!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
V-Strum, I saw the video of your FXR. NICE!!! I prefer the blacked out look., but I'm not going to black my FXR out for two reasons. It's period correct and it doesn't look tacky. I don't even mind all the "Live to Ride, Ride to Live" junk on it.

P.s. Thanks for the book recommendations and the cam advice.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
V-Strum, I saw the video of your FXR. NICE!!! I prefer the blacked out look., but I'm not going to black my FXR out for two reasons. It's period correct and it doesn't look tacky. I don't even mind all the "Live to Ride, Ride to Live" junk on it.

P.s. Thanks for the book recommendations and the cam advice.
Lots of newfound Purists dislike the LTR stuff... yet proclaim devotion to the "Old Harley"
Note that LTR was Invented and Marketed..By the MoCo... and as such...is as much Real Old School [late 1980's] as anything Harley...
Rant over...

3361 - 3380 of 3430 Posts