V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OUTSTANDING!!!!! WE HAVE OUR OWN THREAD NOW. LET'S POST!!!:nfu2: :bleh: NOW WE NEED ALL THE CURRENT NOVA DELINQUENTS TO POST AND THEN ALL THE WANNABE'S.:chopper:

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
WooHooo...ain't we special...news at 11: the ride is on...

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Lets quit talkin' and ride...

Last call...all those joining the delinquents this Am: 9AM for Chow at Peytons...10:30 AM at Patriot...

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Where'd you'all go? I came very close to blasting outta here at 10 to Patriot. Sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than seek permission. But I got in a ride with OL and she's doing real well up on her own 2 wheels. Patriot said they'll have her Sporty (Brandywine XL 1200 Low) in late February. Gonna have 'em do the Stage I, engine guard and windshield as part 'o the deal.

Riding with her and trying to give her pointers along the way, I had a thought. You know when you get into yer grove and it becomes a Zen-like trance and yer mind runs down different and new paths? Well she made a real nice turn, smooth and sweeping at a decent clip, and when we stopped I had to let her know she was improving. The way I put it was this:

"Riding well is like a smooth flowing dance. You are in the most control and have the best chance of avoiding problems when it stops becoming a mental exercise to recite the litany of variables, threats, and tactics in your mind as you approach and move through them. When riding becomes a graceful balance of heightened awareness, power, braking, traction, and weight transfer it goes beyond simply a person on a machine and moves into something greater than the sum of the parts. When it all starts to flow together in an equilibrium of physics; when you expand your senses to take in the bubble of activity around you at all times without trying; when power and braking begin to flow together with no one force either ending or beginning at any specific point; when traction and centrifugal force melt together into a waltz of balanced actions and equal reactions; and when weight transfer and steering input become part of a graceful flow of energies transmitted through your arms and mass to the contact patch and beyond -- that's when it changes and you go beyond just transportation. It becomes something beautiful and natural and perfect in a world controlled at the most basic levels by quantum physics and Relativity. Not an out of place man-made thing just surviving another ride. But a graceful, flowing, harmony of forces and awareness all perfectly balanced and countered to add up to zero at the end of each and every ride."​

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
HD-LUX said:
"Riding well is like a smooth flowing dance. You are in the most control and have the best chance of avoiding problems when it stops becoming a mental exercise to recite the litany of variables, threats, and tactics in your mind as you approach and move through them. When riding becomes a graceful balance of heightened awareness, power, braking, traction, and weight transfer it goes beyond simply a person on a machine and moves into something greater than the sum of the parts. When it all starts to flow together in an equilibrium of physics; when you expand your senses to take in the bubble of activity around you at all times without trying; when power and braking begin to flow together with no one force either ending or beginning at any specific point; when traction and centrifugal force melt together into a waltz of balanced actions and equal reactions; and when weight transfer and steering input become part of a graceful flow of energies transmitted through your arms and mass to the contact patch and beyond -- that's when it changes and you go beyond just transportation. It becomes something beautiful and natural and perfect in a world controlled at the most basic levels by quantum physics and Relativity. Not an out of place man-made thing just surviving another ride. But a graceful, flowing, harmony of forces and awareness all perfectly balanced and countered to add up to zero at the end of each and every ride."​

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Geez...yer a friggin' poet too? She's gonna be out ridin' while yer home writin'...good stuff though!!!

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
HD-LUX said:
Where'd you'all go? I came very close to blasting outta here at 10 to Patriot.

Shoulda done it ;)

John, Linda and I had breakfast at Peyton's Place then went over to Patriot to meet Doug. Doug showed up with a buddy who, after getting a phone call offering him box seats for the skins game, promptly bugged out.

We headed out 50 to the beltway, did the woodrow wilson bridge shuffle and caught MD-210 south (Indian Head Highway). We rode south and caught MD-225 to La Plata where we picked up MD-310. We followed MD-310 down over the bridge back into VA then VA-3 to US-1 south of Fredericksburg.
We followed US-1 north, Doug and John were doing hole shots off of every light. I had a hard time keeping up ;)

Anyhoo, Doug bailed at Quantico, John and Linda bailed at Pohick Rd and I headed up Rt 1 to the casa de wyo.

'Bout 150 miles RT. Weather was great for late December.

Next time you and yer missus *have* to come along.

Merry Christmas!

regards,

wyo

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
wyodude said:
Shoulda done it ;)

Doug and John were doing hole shots off of every light. I had a hard time keeping up ;)

Yeah right!

Anyhoo, Doug bailed at Quantico, John and Linda bailed at Pohick Rd and I headed up Rt 1 to the casa de wyo.

I like that "Casa De Wyo"

'Bout 150 miles RT. Weather was great for late December.

Next time you and yer missus *have* to come along.

'been tryin' to make that happen for a while now...guess he doesn't want his wife around us good lookin' guys???

Merry Christmas!

regards,

wyo
:hmmm: gonna have to look into visiting him at home...don't ya think Wyo?

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Oh trust me, she wants to ride with the pack but she's got a ways to go before she'd be comfy. And she'll need a few more cc's. She's only got 250 of 'em right now. She will do 50 if she has to (to keep up with traffic) but usually puts along at 40 or 45. She takes off from lights like a Chevy Chevette with two bad cylinders. I am usually still in 1st when she's going into 3rd. I have to blow it out after each ride or risk fouled plugs. It's like a ride in slow motion. But it builds confidence and basic skills. Once she gets up on the 1200 Sporty she'll be able to keep up better. With Stage 1 and a goo break-in period I don't think I'll be able to keep up. My 1200 was pretty quick with the re-jetting and the SE Pro II pipes.

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Guess I'm a wannabe :(

Hi like what you guys have done with the place. NoVA is sort of like North East in a mid atlantic sort of way. :)

HD-LUX, she should have plenty of get up and go, the other half's 883L does.

See you around.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
joediver said:
Hi like what you guys have done with the place. NoVA is sort of like North East in a mid atlantic sort of way. :)

HD-LUX, she should have plenty of get up and go, the other half's 883L does.

See you around.
We gotta get you out one of these days Joe.

Whatcha doin'g next weekend?

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Nothing that I can't get out of

No plans that I know of, let me know when and where.

Wyo, I'm dying to see your bike -- it was down to a a coin flip for me between the SE 103 or the Jims 120, I want a gander at the other choice. :brows:

Joe

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
joediver said:
No plans that I know of, let me know when and where.

Wyo, I'm dying to see your bike -- it was down to a a coin flip for me between the SE 103 or the Jims 120, I want a gander at the other choice. :brows:

Joe
Just keep an eye open and be ready to jump...I got a delinquent patch waitin' for ya...

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
deal

Sounds good, keep me posted!

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
DNLEVESQUE said:
You're right POPEYE. Seems like there are noob's joining in at the rapid rate. Hell, looks like we even have shirts now. We need to go global!!!
Hmmm...think we should copyright our logo...:duh?: we DO seem to have a large influx of newbies...hey Popeye, I can rent ya a basement...:laugh:

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
HD-LUX said:
Gotta figure out something to do with our website.
Yer a hell of a guy goin' to all that effort...we really need to let everyone know it's there so you effort won't be wasted...

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Delinquent site not working for me. Maybe I have to try from home tonight. Is it actually up and running?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts