V-Twin Forum banner
61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,830 Posts
This is starting to sound like most of the prior get together discussions-- east coast.

joe

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
This is starting to sound like most of the prior get together discussions-- east coast.

joe
I can try to head west... how far?

·
In disguise
2,898 Posts

joe
Somebody from another region chime in. No rule says there can't be more than one meetup.

Question for a Moderator: Is there a chart or map that shows, say via dot density, where the membership lives in the continental US?

·
Super Moderator
3,387 Posts
Somebody from another region chime in. No rule says there can't be more than one meetup.

Question for a Moderator: Is there a chart or map that shows, say via dot density, where the membership lives in the continental US?
Click on their avatar. Their location is listed based on what they have entered.
Mods can look up ip addresses, and generally speaking it gives their approximate location.

·
Super Moderator
3,387 Posts
FWIW,....I'm in SW Ohio and willing to travel a couple of states in any direction. Some may want to plan at least 3 states each direction from here. :sneaky:

·
Super Moderator
3,387 Posts
JMO: I don’t hit motorcycle forums to argue or “throw the next punch”. I’m looking for information or trying to help somebody else doing that. If people insist on “I’m right and you $uck” stuff, there’s the Religion and Politics section. But even that should have limits. Humor and sarcasm inserted into productive discussion is fine.

I don’t see a problem.
Damn Festus, that seems too logical. Having said that, I could not agree more.

Thanks for your post.(y)

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
FWIW,....I'm in SW Ohio and willing to travel a couple of states in any direction. Some may want to plan at least 3 states each direction from here. :sneaky:
SE Ohio, north Ky are a couple of our favorite areas. We've stayed at Beverly Hills Inn/Jethro's Tiki Hut a couple times. One time it was great, one not so good. Also stopped at Gen. Butler Lodge in Ky. a few times. But that got shot down when I mentioned it before. We've stayed in Athens 3 or 4 times, that may be a little to urban for some.
Chosochton comes to mind. He has a deck with fire pit and comfortable seating but we usually party in the parking lot just outside our rooms at Roscoe Motor Inn. Owner is an old biker that understands. Never stayed there, but across the river is Coshochton Village Inn. A lot more upscale, an Eagles and a Legion across the Street if you don't appreciate parking lot gatherings.

·
Laughing Poseur
5,302 Posts
I'm starting to see why these discussions never end up with a destination.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
I've been gone for a while. I bought a 2015 Indian Vintage 'bout 3 years ago and kept my '12 Road King Police for a season. Figured I'd ride both for while and then keep the one I liked better... being retired now it's a $$ thing, tough to keep both. Ended up selling the King. Didn't like to part with it but riding the Vintage with the superior suspension was/is way easier on my older bod, specifically my back.

I remember some of the spirited conversations here, they were great. Same went on at the Indian site I belong to, for a while. Then the ***** site got woke, that was shortly after the site format changed. Same format as this here V-Twin format. I guess some Canadian Co. bought the Indian site, or took charge of it, or something... I dunno. Anyways, lots of snowflakes surfaced and lefty butts got hurt pretty easily. Mods got pretty busy making sure no one was a victim. After a while I got sent to ban camp for a couple of months. Something about political meme's that may have indicated I didn't/don't necessarily approve of the hair sniffer who currently occupies the oval office, or his pos vp. That ok to say here?

I gotta say, on this site there were/are interesting threads about members keeping or getting their '60s on up bikes fixed and running. Lots of good tech stuff like that. On the Indian site, barring a hand full of members that are more performance minded, the threads revolve around stuff like, what color bike should I buy, and of course there's often the Harley bashing.

Just thought I'd stop by and say hello (o:

·
Registered
17,643 Posts
So many places.

So little time.

Sent from my captainhook455 clone device

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Well, this is the most activity (non help me fix/upgrade my bike threads) I've seen on here in a while.
Life is short, post your locations, length of time available (weekends only, no more than two nights out etc.) and the meet up will reveal itself to y'all.

·
Super Moderator
3,387 Posts
SE Ohio, north Ky are a couple of our favorite areas. We've stayed at Beverly Hills Inn/Jethro's Tiki Hut a couple times. One time it was great, one not so good. Also stopped at Gen. Butler Lodge in Ky. a few times. But that got shot down when I mentioned it before. We've stayed in Athens 3 or 4 times, that may be a little to urban for some.
Chosochton comes to mind. He has a deck with fire pit and comfortable seating but we usually party in the parking lot just outside our rooms at Roscoe Motor Inn. Owner is an old biker that understands. Never stayed there, but across the river is Coshochton Village Inn. A lot more upscale, an Eagles and a Legion across the Street if you don't appreciate parking lot gatherings.
A bit off topic, but in response to your reply.

I know where Jethro's Tiki Bar is. On the map it is the bottom easternmost township in my county.I am up top near St.Martin (the nosebleed section). Know of a bad "biker" incident that happened there about 4 yrs.ago.
Just north of that location in Aberdeen,Ohio I know of an awesome 13 mile state route.If anyone is in the area just look up Ohio 763.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,830 Posts
I've been gone for a while. I bought a 2015 Indian Vintage 'bout 3 years ago and kept my '12 Road King Police for a season. Figured I'd ride both for while and then keep the one I liked better... being retired now it's a $$ thing, tough to keep both. Ended up selling the King. Didn't like to part with it but riding the Vintage with the superior suspension was/is way easier on my older bod, specifically my back.

I remember some of the spirited conversations here, they were great. Same went on at the Indian site I belong to, for a while. Then the * site got woke, that was shortly after the site format changed. Same format as this here V-Twin format. I guess some Canadian Co. bought the Indian site, or took charge of it, or something... I dunno. Anyways, lots of snowflakes surfaced and lefty butts got hurt pretty easily. Mods got pretty busy making sure no one was a victim. After a while I got sent to ban camp for a couple of months. Something about political meme's that may have indicated I didn't/don't necessarily approve of the hair sniffer who currently occupies the oval office, or his pos vp. That ok to say here?

I gotta say, on this site there were/are interesting threads about members keeping or getting their '60s on up bikes fixed and running. Lots of good tech stuff like that. On the Indian site, barring a hand full of members that are more performance minded, the threads revolve around stuff like, what color bike should I buy, and of course there's often the Harley bashing.

Just thought I'd stop by and say hello (o:
Welcome home.

joe

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,294 Posts
Well, I've never tried to herd cats, but I'm pretty sure it must be close.

·
In disguise
2,898 Posts
True. Maybe the truth is that it’s more fun to talk about than to actually do. Or folks simply would like to do this but have other priorities. Or the herding cats thing.

I would suggest that two members here, just two, commit and make reservations to their convenience. Then if they want, go public with the place and dates and if others are interested, they can join.

Reactions: FishinFather

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,830 Posts
True. Maybe the truth is that it’s more fun to talk about than to actually do. Or folks simply would like to do this but have other priorities. Or the herding cats thing.

I would suggest that two members here, just two, commit and make reservations to their convenience. Then if they want, go public with the place and dates and if others are interested, they can join.
As I understand it, the cat herding worked the first try.

IIRC, some that made the trip that time were unhappy that they had to cover expenses for those who didn't show.

I would suggest that all who commit to appear at a new get together commit to covering their expense commitments [lodging or whatever]- PERIOD; regardless of your reason for not showing.

joe

·
In disguise
2,898 Posts
IIRC, some that made the trip that time were unhappy that they had to cover expenses for those who didn't show.

I would suggest that all who commit to appear at a new get together commit to covering their expense commitments [lodging or whatever]- PERIOD; regardless of your reason for not showing.
Now that you mention it, I do recall something like that. Something about a group rate based on a minimum number that wasn't achieved? I'm sure somebody remembers the whole story. But yes, this time around everyone needs to be on their own for any expenses.

Reactions: FishinFather

·
Laughing Poseur
5,302 Posts
As I understand it, the cat herding worked the first try.

joe
What kind of expenses would others have to take on because of no shows? Reservations (hotel room, campsite and the such) should be the responsibility of the party using them. No way I'm being a part of a get together where I have to pay for no shows...that's just poor planning.

61 - 80 of 109 Posts