V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Seasoned and Baked
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
............ the ranks are dwindling. Too many 18 year old threads being resurrected. The usual suspects don't chime in as much. What to do?

·
Premium Member
4,774 Posts
Damn scoots don't break down as much as they used to. And when they do ya need to have a masters in electrical engineering to diagnose the problem.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,841 Posts
It seemed to me that a lot of site traffic ended at about the same time the new and improved Fisher-Price software was implemented, but I don't really know.

It also seems like the site management has clamped down some on the more spirited exchanges. I have a feeling that these two sentences are connected but, again, I don't know.

I remember when my daily log-in would get me 6-8 pages of new posts. Now, I can't remember the last time I was greeted with even a full page.

FWIW,
joe

·
Super Moderator
21,398 Posts
I think most of the action is on FB these days. Seems like I get shown 20 new groups a week. Any numb nuts can start their own group. Seriously, some of them are almost like reading the funny pages.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Clueless newbies can do no wrong but if I post something something questioning their motive, past or ask for an intro, it disappears.
Not sure if it's admin. or mod's but why bother posting?
Now I'll try to help someone but there is no more camaraderie or fun discussions like in the past.
Boring.

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,309 Posts

Now I'll try to help someone but there is no more camaraderie or fun discussions like in the past.
Boring.
That sums things up pretty well. Camaraderie and fun have been deemed by "society" as bad things, unless it is for the "correct cause" and/or "woke".

Last year I joined up on NextDoor (look it up if you're not familiar) just because it seemed like a good idea at the time. I figured I'd "keep in touch" with my own neighborhood and maybe even meet some new people. At the very least I figured I'd learn a little bit about some of my neighbors.

Long story short, I can't stop looking at it now because it's like a train wreck. They have the same rules about all speech being watered down, no 'misinformation', must be nice, and all that crap. 50% of the posts are lost/found pets, and up until a couple months ago many threads from the 'mask police' who had to start a discussion every time they went to Home Depot and saw one guy in the lumber aisle not wearing a mask so he was a domestic terrorist who doesn't care about his fellow citizens. That kind of shitt is OK but you can't call someone a dick for being a dick.

I have learned a lot about some of my neighbors though. Now I realize that our country is worse off than I thought.

I remember when a bunch of folks on this site were actually interested in riding and meeting up with each other.

·
Laughing Poseur
5,304 Posts
Interacting socially with folks you can't see face to face generally is a bad decision IMO.....too many jackasses that don't have a clue and couldn't function in a group of 3 without taking a smack to the head for saying something ridiculous.

people nowadays....what a waste.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
That sums things up pretty well. Camaraderie and fun have been deemed by "society" as bad things, unless it is for the "correct cause" and/or "woke".

Last year I joined up on NextDoor (look it up if you're not familiar) just because it seemed like a good idea at the time. I figured I'd "keep in touch" with my own neighborhood and maybe even meet some new people. At the very least I figured I'd learn a little bit about some of my neighbors.

Long story short, I can't stop looking at it now because it's like a train wreck. They have the same rules about all speech being watered down, no 'misinformation', must be nice, and all that crap. 50% of the posts are lost/found pets, and up until a couple months ago many threads from the 'mask police' who had to start a discussion every time they went to Home Depot and saw one guy in the lumber aisle not wearing a mask so he was a domestic terrorist who doesn't care about his fellow citizens. That kind of shitt is OK but you can't call someone a dick for being a dick.

I have learned a lot about some of my neighbors though. Now I realize that our country is worse off than I thought.

I remember when a bunch of folks on this site were actually interested in riding and meeting up with each other.

I'm still waiting for the make-up meet up that was cancelled last time, some silly hurricane or something came up. I do like meeting new people and putting faces to screen names. Still good people on this site.

I think Facebook put a hurting on alot of sites.
Im new to this forum and like it.
Alot of good info

It is a good site, there are good people here with good information willing to share it and help.

It has slowed down some and I do understand why even if I don't like it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Replying just to say I'm here. Can't stay long I have to use the search button.

ps; Thanks for all of the usefull information along my journey getting this thing running again. cheers

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,309 Posts
I'm still waiting for the make-up meet up that was cancelled last time, some silly hurricane or something came up. I do like meeting new people and putting faces to screen names. Still good people on this site.
Yeah, I have given it some thought. The place we were headed for on that trip kind of went to shitt so we need to find a new place to meet. It kinda sucks because that place was in a great location and served us well for many years.

Reactions: FishinFather

·
Registered
17,652 Posts
I've made plans twice for a ride meet and greet.

The first one I had to cancel when work intervened. The second one was canceled due to a hurricane.

I said fuk it. Evidently I wasn't meant to meet people.

Sent from my captainhook455 clone device

·
In disguise
2,901 Posts
My wife has suggested NextDoor to me several times. Enough said. But I was polite about it.

......up until a couple months ago many threads from the 'mask police' who had to start a discussion every time they went to Home Depot and saw one guy in the lumber aisle not wearing a mask so he was a domestic terrorist who doesn't care about his fellow citizens.
Good one. I got a really good, out loud, laugh from that. Grocery stores, however, are worse than Home Depot.

Do you think people have really changed or maybe we just never knew?

You're right. I had forgotten. Was that the place up around West Jefferson (NC)? I'd still be interested depending on dates.

·
In disguise
2,901 Posts
Interacting socially with folks you can't see face to face generally is a bad decision IMO.....too many jackasses that don't have a clue and couldn't function in a group of 3 without taking a smack to the head for saying something ridiculous.
It's a roll of the dice. But on the other hand I've gotten two great riding buddies and lifelong friends off this very forum. Of course, I also met one.....well, I'll be polite and say "not friend material" person off this board. So far, it's two to one in favor of good. It's amazing sometimes how one's internet persona can be so different from their real selves.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts

people nowadays....what a waste.
I love it, you are a crackup.

·
In disguise
2,901 Posts

The first one I had to cancel when work intervened. The second one was canceled due to a hurricane.

We're holding out until you host a authentic Cajun cuisine banquet at your place.

·
In disguise
2,901 Posts
I think most of the action is on FB these days. Seems like I get shown 20 new groups a week. Any numb nuts can start their own group. Seriously, some of them are almost like reading the funny pages.
FB's success will always be a mystery to me.

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,309 Posts
My wife has suggested NextDoor to me several times. Enough said. But I was polite about it.

Good one. I got a really good, out loud, laugh from that. Grocery stores, however, are worse than Home Depot.

Do you think people have really changed or maybe we just never knew?

You're right. I had forgotten. Was that the place up around West Jefferson (NC)? I'd still be interested depending on dates.
Nextdoor is entertaining and enlightening to say the least.

I'm thinking I just never really knew to what extent I hate people, because I always tended to give people more credit before I started actually hearing what and how they think.

It was in Laurel Springs, about 20 minutes from West Jefferson. I'm sure we could find another location in that general area. We might get some input from Allen Framen. He is on this site (occasionally) and lives up that way.

Reactions: FishinFather

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,309 Posts

Sent from my captainhook455 clone device
I hated that the last Laurel Springs trip got trashed, but then I started to think maybe it was a sign.

I know Fred was planning to show up.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts