V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

New member here and wanted to introduce myself to all of you. I just picked up my new 2006 35th Anniversary Dyna for Xmas on 12/22. Too cold to ride here in Ohio, but can't wait to get on it.

As for me, I've been riding street and dirt bikes and ATV's all my life. Hondas, Suzukis, KAW 750 H2, Z1 900's, KZ1000's, etc... This is my first Harley. Been wanting one for past 10 years, and my wife surprised me and took me down to the local H/D dealer so I could pick out a bike for XMAS and my 50th coming up soon. I originally wanted the S/E V-Rod, but came to my senses and got the Dyna FXD35. I was also torn over the new 06 Night Train. I loved the Original white 72 superglide, but could never have afforded it at that time, plus I was about 16 at the time, so this was my second chance. I got #749 of 3,500.

During the winter here, I have already placed an order for the S/E II slipons, the SE A/C, and the SERT. I have also installed new pegs, shifter, hand levers, grips, and other chrome. Looking to add some Wild 1 T bars in the near future.

Guess that's enough for now. Stop by for that beer sometime. I alway's keep some cold ones in the garage fridge.

Ride Safe,

Ron

·
scooter coot
321 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, and welcome from another 50ish rider.:cheers:That bike sure looks sweet!!! Why don't you just fire it up and ride around your living room????

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Ron:

Welcome to the fabulous forum of chrome, fine paint and American steel thunder.

Congrats on the new bike and happy upcoming birthday! FIFTY

You have picked a winner of a bike and a winner of a forum to talk about your bike at, make friends and read up on some interesting bike stuff.

Post up and enjoy

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Great lookin' scooter. And welcome to the forum. I keep tellin' my other half that there are women that let their men park 'em in the living room during the winter. She will neither believe me nor agree. How do I go about negotiatin' that into my contract?

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. I love that bike and the picture is great. It brought back memories of finding that 10 speed bike I wanted in the LR Christmas day.
What a thrill it would be to find a new Harley!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the site! I got my 35th anniversary bike for Christmas also, as well as my 30th birthday! They are definitely nice-looking bikes to say the least! Before I took delivery, I had them do the stage 1 download, and SEII slip ons. It sounds great! Mine's #1208. I looked at the bikes that you did, too. It was a huge decision. Will this be the longest winter of your life? ;) I'm also in Ohio. Great choice on a bike!

Tara

My 35th

·
it wasn't me
340 Posts
That's torture - you get a new hog and can't ride her for a while :spank:

Put on the layers and hit the road!!!! :chopper:

Congrats on your bike.

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
welcome to the forum and thanks for the beer offer .. from what I heard about the weather in Ohio lately, the fridge is keeping it warm

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Welcome

:happybd: ?prty: :beer:

Congrats on the scoot (nice bike btw) and on the upcomming or already past b'day.

If you can't ride it you can defintely fire that baby up and listen to her hum every once and a while. That will hopefully hold you off till that weather subsides.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'll be 50 in mid March. Just about riding season here in Ohio.

I do fire it up in the living room. Only for a few moments though.

Captain Bligh, tell your wife to look at my picture closely. Notice that my wife placed the vacumn cleaner very close to my bike. Any dirt near it and she'll be on it like a fly on sh#t. Really, she was so proud of herself for getting the bike for me, she enjoys it being in plain sight so she can remind me everyday about how "Nice it is". Nothing comes free :whatever: Really, it was great of her to do this for me.

As for the XMAS surprise, it was a complete surprise until she took me to the H/D dealer to do some "paperwork" like the financing.

Thanks again all. Look forward to talking with all of you.

Ride safe.

Ron

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Nice looking Anny model. I see there are others that keep their motorsickles in the living room too. :beer: Post up often and enjoy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts