V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Fatboy EFI... When I hit 70, 75, 80mph, etc... My bike vibrates my butt a lot and it makes me itch. Is there a way I can correct this? (no smart a$$ comments) lol. Something inexpensive?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Gee, the no Smart ass limitation really takes the fun out of this, but you might try a gel pad like Travelcade offers.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
The tires might be out of balance. Get them checked and the vibration might just go away... Good luck...

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I was getting a weird vibration due to the engine guard bolts being loose. Use lamisil as well as loctite before each ride.

Itchy Crotch
Question:
I have a bad itch that has been driving me crazy. Its right between my testicles and my leg. It is now all red (likely from riding my Harley) and bothers me most at night. I have no idea what it is, but thought I would throw a post up here before going to a doctor.

Re: Itchy Crotch
Answer:
It is probably 'jock itch', caused by a fungal infection which can be exacerbated by twin cam vibration. If it is, Lamisil cream is quite good, and can be bought over the counter from a pharmacy. It may be a good idea to get it looked at by your Doc first though. Hydrocortisone cream can help with itching, but will not treat any infection, and can actually help the infection to spread by reducing your immune response to it. Once it's cleared up, it may be a good idea to use a barrier cream such as sudocrem - this can help prevent any chafing that can make the skin sore and more prone to getting infection. Hope this helps and keep the tires on the road and the itch off your a$$.

·
Registered
503 Posts
With wotor warmed up trans in nutral bring wotor up to 3000 rpm then slowly raise rpms up to 4500 rpm does it viberate ?...if so go to dlr and get it ckecked for motor problem....if not ....problem is tire ballance, or out of round
:duh?:

Good Luck

Steve The Dyno Guy :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts