V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys are really up to speed on all of the aftermarket upgrades to the exhaust issues, however after forking out major jack for my new RKC, I wonder... are there any slip ons that I could install....and do nothing else...no stage 1 or remaps and the like. I am looking for a little deeper and throaty note, maybe a step or two above stock. I love this bike but really do not like the thought of throwing another $500/$1000 her way so soon.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Friend of mine has "Wild Pig" slip ons sound great and you shouldnt need to remap(He didnt).Got em off ebay for 200$.Do a search on ebay for them,i think there is one person that sells them pretty cheap.They also look good:D

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
there are places online you can buy at 20% discount. many have favorite slip ons but here's an option. drag specialties part numbers included, which you'd need to buy online. found them at surdyke harley for $299 here's the link
http://www.surdyke.com/hd/product.asp?prod=25920&cat=208

PYTHON® 3 1/2" SLIP-ON MUFFLERS

* High-velocity shielded muffler cores offer protection from heat discoloration while producing outstanding performance gains
* Feature the Python logo on the top of each muffler
* Slash-cut end is concave for a true custom appearance; baffles are removable
* Include instructions and all mounting hardware

P/N DESC. Suggested Retail $ 329.95
DS-202344 For 95-05 FLT, FLHT, FLTR and FLHR models (pr.)

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Theres a set of Bassani's on ebay for around $140.00
A/R slip-on's are not very expensive either.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
RoadkingIbe said:
You guys are really up to speed on all of the aftermarket upgrades to the exhaust issues, however after forking out major jack for my new RKC, I wonder... are there any slip ons that I could install....and do nothing else...no stage 1 or remaps and the like. I am looking for a little deeper and throaty note, maybe a step or two above stock. I love this bike but really do not like the thought of throwing another $500/$1000 her way so soon.
You just spent $20K and now you want to get cheap?

Doing the Stage I upgrades is the most cost effect performance gain you are going to get. Use the SE breather Kit, 65115-98B slip-ons (+ end caps of your choice) and stage I reflash. You should net +10HP/+10TQ all for less than $1000.

If money's tight, ride her bone stock while you save up.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
NEVER buy Screamin' Eagle Performance Mufflers 65115-98B (please raed my thread/post related to these mufflers) ! NEVER! :thumbsdn:

I have heard that Pig Pipes with removeable baffles are very good, and taking into account very affordable price this could be good decision!

I am about to order these pipes and I hope I shall get 'em here in Bosnia soon or later.

But, to buy SE Stage one kit/air cleaner 29489-99C and calibration cartridge 32708-99B is very good idea. Trust me, since I spent the months in order to "investigate" possibilities.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
emirharley said:
NEVER buy Screamin' Eagle Performance Mufflers 65115-98B (please raed my thread/post related to these mufflers)
There are LOTS of people with positive experiences with them pipes. Are they all wrong?

emirharley said:
But, to buy SE Stage one kit/air cleaner 29489-99C and calibration cartridge 32708-99B is very good idea. Trust me, since I spent the months in order to "investigate" possibilities.
You can't purchase the calibration cartridge, you simply pay your $150 USD to get your dealer (only people with HD Scanalyzer) to reflash your ECM.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Oh, yes, you can buy SE Calibration Cartridge, even though H-D HIDES catalog number (for catalog number please refer to my previous post).

So, I bought myself that calibration cartridge and I am about to put in in my Road King Classic by an authorized H-D dealer in Croatia.

Also, you can buy it via e-Bay - simply type Calibration Cartridge and Gorilla Motors will shipp it for you - to your door! Or go to Gorilla web site (check with Google serch)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts