V-Twin Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Do a google search...

Nightrob...do a search---I'm a fan of the product...great concept, just pointing out some of the ptential deficiencies others have experienced.

No worries---

·
Registered
3 Posts
oh kay....

Have read where Lenale fans(according to Lenale Company) is not waterproof and should not be used in the rain or while washing of bike. As I said, I have only read this and have no proof. Anybody have any blown fuses, fan motors seizing or catching on fire. As I said, this is undocumented stuff I've read. So, don't shoot the messenger.
Do not use in the Rain. Ok, in the rain I dont need cooling.

Do not use while washing bike. Ok, again...I don't wash a HOT engine.

Now lets consider I just washed it.....and want to drive it....unless its 90+ degrees out and I rolled outta my drive-way into a traffic jam and for some reason needed to switch it on before it air dried. Well...then I will say in that situation...YES...wet run would be bad.

But by the time I got to traffic....there would have been plenty of air-drying going on IMO.

I've decided to go with the Lenale Cooling fan and the HD Oil Cooler. I would say with all confidence that Daily DC Metro Driving is the harshest on the Earth for air-cooled machines. I am adding this on top of my TMax EFI w autotune and Stage-I kit with KW HP+ Exhaust.

If in the end...I still overheat...well...looks like water-cooled ride is the way to go. Funny thing is...my Carb'ed '01 FXST w Stage-I, 44MM Slow-jet and SEII exhaust NEVER over-heated....go figure.

·
Registered
214 Posts
i,m wondering about

the water issue. doe,s the fan have a whizbang printed circuit board. that would be something i know doe,s not like water. but the DC motor itself. i still do not get why it would be an issue. i,ve seen guys run DC Underwater in the rc car/BOAT world. somebody tell me whats up. if it is a board maybe you could isolate in some way, and get more piece of mind. i dunno, i,m asking. lupe i do know this, in my 04. any effort to control oil temps is a GOOD thing and i am sorta privately pleased to see so many guys on top geez, some of the top temps i see here are approaching oxidation, shearing, a bunch of that shoot that oil dont like scary for the $$$$ invested in these go fast hotrods you boys are truly building. i mean theres no JUNK here period lupe

·
Registered
91 Posts
A very good friend of mine here in Phoenix recently sold his 2001 Road King with 260,000 + miles on it. He never ran a fan or oil cooler, he was anal about oil changes every 2,500 miles no exceptions. This was an 88" motor, I'm sure the big inchers need all the help they can get staying cool.

·
Moneygreen
4,781 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
still, even so craig,

it sounds like a decent setup. tx for that link milan. in my whatever. for future ref.
MR CRAIG, aka vestor, i gotta tell you, you know as a rule i lay low on the twin cam issues, But, i still visit, adsorb , enjoy , learn and so forth. You, as it where, have always been one of my favorites. its been a blast to follow your build. honest, and i,m glad for you your close. you know you took a lot of hits along the way. 99.9 per cent in jest, but still. i think you carryied yourself well and . well nuf said there, one thing i truly never thought of until your friends pointed it out. man o man, that recall deal at the dealer. scary stuff if those boys really do get to your throttle.that deal gone bad would put you on cable news bro, think about it, talk about war stories. (big grin0). anyway, i,m done now and for what its worth, i don,t pay much attn to root #s. but i am looking forward to seat o de pants stuff you understand in the stealth mode. okay, OKAY. have fun craig. i say you have earned it, fair and square, respectfully. lupe. --------------------------.

·
Moneygreen
4,781 Posts
it sounds like a decent setup. tx for that link milan. in my whatever. for future ref.
MR CRAIG, aka vestor, i gotta tell you, you know as a rule i lay low on the twin cam issues, But, i still visit, adsorb , enjoy , learn and so forth. You, as it where, have always been one of my favorites. its been a blast to follow your build. honest, and i,m glad for you your close. you know you took a lot of hits along the way. 99.9 per cent in jest, but still. i think you carryied yourself well and . well nuf said there, one thing i truly never thought of until your friends pointed it out. man o man, that recall deal at the dealer. scary stuff if those boys really do get to your throttle.that deal gone bad would put you on cable news bro, think about it, talk about war stories. (big grin0). anyway, i,m done now and for what its worth, i don,t pay much attn to root #s. but i am looking forward to seat o de pants stuff you understand in the stealth mode. okay, OKAY. have fun craig. i say you have earned it, fair and square, respectfully. lupe. --------------------------.
Thanks dude appreciate it.I took alot of lumps from guys on here,but what they didnt know, is that, I was gathering a sh*t load of info on my build.I've learned alot in the process & still there is alot that I don't know.I feel comfortable though in the decisions I've made on my build.If my build helps others,as others have helped me,then it was worth it.Hopefully they won't have to endure the lumps I took.I've had a few setbacks in the build,but hopefully it will done by this weekend!!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
vestor

tx for comeback, my post was a compliment actually to you and all the fellas. from the outside looking in, i think the majority where just jerking your chain cuz you are fun when you get a wee bit wound up. and in the end its supposed to be fun right, yer okay dude. i bet you got way more friends than you suspect. you can count me for what its worth, i would give alot to be there when she fires for real. it is a serious build no question. and i told you. i learned, and had fun at the same time. alright, now you need to work on the tire group buy some talked about. take care craig and enjoy. lupe

61 - 70 of 70 Posts