V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
I haven't seen this in person, but here's an idea. Why not combine this with an oil cooler. The problem with air cooled engines is that they heat up most often at slow speeds and/or stop and go traffic. Now, put this little gadget on the bike with the air flow blowing over an oil cooler and you've just solved
the problem of no air flow over the oil cooler while sitting in traffic. Plus, put it on the front of the bike (top of the frame down tubes) and the horn is now facing forward instead of at the traffic on the left side. lol
Hmmm, I think I'm going to contact Eastern Performance and see what they have to say about the units water proofing for heavy rain.

What's every one else's opinin on this??
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,694 Posts
roofeditor said:
Has any one seen this? Looks pretty cool and not really like a honking big fan hanging there?

Might be good for heavy city riding?



Yes I have one and it works GREAT...:thumbsup:

Just My-2$en#e- Worth
 

·
Shave it b4 it turns grey
Joined
·
5 Posts
Lenale Fan

I have one also - works great - not a strong blast of air but enough to keep the bike frome getting too hot. I ride all the time in the Dallas area and it can get pretty hot weather wise with lots of traffic - so I use it in combo with an oil cooler to keep the temp lower.
I can upload a pic of it installed if you like.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
MoreCubes said:
I have one also - works great - not a strong blast of air but enough to keep the bike frome getting too hot. I ride all the time in the Dallas area and it can get pretty hot weather wise with lots of traffic - so I use it in combo with an oil cooler to keep the temp lower.
I can upload a pic of it installed if you like.
Do you have it mounted in the stock horn location? If you don't mind, I'd like to see pictures of it please.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
168 Posts
I have one also. I live in Phoenix so high temps are the norm. It does a good job in heavy traffic getting some air flow across the top end. The only draw back I have found is the horn. Sounds like a *** bike horn. :roflback:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,694 Posts
DueceDog said:
Do you have it mounted in the stock horn location? If you don't mind, I'd like to see pictures of it please.

Yes on the stock location and no I don't have pictures. Well worth the money...

Just My -2$en#e- Worth
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,694 Posts
chunngle said:
I have one also. I live in Phoenix so high temps are the norm. It does a good job in heavy traffic getting some air flow across the top end. The only draw back I have found is the horn. Sounds like a *** bike horn. :roflback:
Rick how is your bike running since Nick tuned it? :thanks:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,694 Posts
moorefun said:
Boy, that is going to open up a sore subject!

Well Mark you can tell me! :thanks:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
168 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,636 Posts
chunngle said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what am I looking for in the pictures, and what caused it?​
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the scuffing

Paniolo said:


Pardon my ignorance, but what am I looking for in the pictures, and what caused it?​
looks like a broken ring but i don't see it. Also looks like in the top two photos an over lean condition and detonation but the tops of the pistons in the lower photos don't look like it.

So what happened here?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
168 Posts
Sorry fellas, didnt mean to steal the thread. I do have the lenale fan and am pleased with its performance. I was asked about my motor and as you can see it's a sore subject. To me the pics indicate nikasil coating seperating from the cylindar as well as cylinder out of roundness identified by the scuffing on the piston skirt and cylinder wall.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,636 Posts
chunngle said:
Sorry fellas, didnt mean to steal the thread. I do have the lenale fan and am pleased with its performance. I was asked about my motor and as you can see it's a sore subject. To me the pics indicate nikasil coating seperating from the cylindar as well as cylinder out of roundness identified by the scuffing on the piston skirt and cylinder wall.
Are those OEM HD, SE 95", KBs?

Mark​
 

·
Shave it b4 it turns grey
Joined
·
5 Posts
Pics of the Lenale Fan

Here's a couple pics - not very good since its late and a flash picture - but you will see it's installed where the horn was and I moved the horn to the down tube. You have to keep the horn nut loose - use red loctite - to keep the tone from sounding tinny. I manually turn the fan on/off as needed - it does not have a thermostat switch - but I have not found that I needed one.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
MoreCubes said:
but you will see it's installed where the horn was and I moved the horn to the down tube.
I thought this fan also includes a horn???? You had to relocate your stock horn to the downtube because you wanted two horns, or because the fan does not have a built in horn?

Regards,
NC
 
1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Top