V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on installing Progresive 440's on my Streetglide but with all the controversy about the firm ride of the Progressive's, I am exploring other choices. With that being said, how do you guy's think a Legend air suspension would be on a Streetglide as compared to the Progressive 440's? I am looking for a better ride than stock.

·
Registered
54 Posts
FLHX suspension

reg26 started a post a couple of weeks ago, about different shock options. Check it out, for some different opinions. I have expereinced Progressive 440's and Works Performance shocks on a FLHRS and an FLHX (same stock frame and stock suspension) it is my opinion that the Works is clearly a better shock. It provides smoother compression and rebound and the sping adjustment can be made by hand.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Works

You can buy Works Performance directly from Works or you can also purchase from a number of different vendors at a discount. The set I bought was about $350, from Parts Direct, it had the adjustable rate spring. Works Performance has a web site or call them for more information.
Good Luck.

·
Recon
839 Posts
hedgehog1 said:
I was planning on installing Progresive 440's on my Streetglide but with all the controversy about the firm ride of the Progressive's, I am exploring other choices. With that being said, how do you guy's think a Legend air suspension would be on a Streetglide as compared to the Progressive 440's? I am looking for a better ride than stock.
Before you spend the bucks put 8 lb. in you shocks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts