V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone...I'm new to this community, but I look forward to chatting with y'all. What got me interested was a friend of mine said come bad things were being said about the Legend Airride....I'm here to settle that once and for all.
I put an airride on my Deuce about one year ago, and let me tell you...there is NOTHING else like it. Not only does my bike ride better than ever, but the look people get on their faces when I dump that thing is priceless. The people at Legend were great, too. Nothing beats good customer service. Let me know what y'all think, and if any of you have considered this option for your Softails. I heard they are making a shock for the baggers, too!
Spike

·
Registered
684 Posts
Spike,

First . . . welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't get too excited about one or two negative comments about a product. At the same time, I would not run out and buy something just because one or two forum members said that it was a good product. I'd suggest that you do a search using "Legend" and read the comments for yourself.

From what I've seen and heard, the Legend suspension looks like a great addition for most any softail. As for baggers, of which I own, I would have to think awfully hard about it before shelling out the bucks they are asking.

Everyone's got an opinion!:D

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Spike,

When you dump the suspension, I am assuming its while its parked and in "gawk" mode for everyone?

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Just went to their website and the FL model is available for $700 in black and $800 in chrome. Looks like you need to send your old ones in for a rebuild and the price includes the compressor and the needed hardware to install.

Why is this $1000 cheaper than the Softail models? hmmm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
D,
I think the price is way cheaper because they don't really make any parts for it, they just modify the stock ones. I know they are making their own shocks for baggers with an air bag, and I'm sure that one will cost more, but not sure yet on a cost.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I have spent a lot of time researching the Legend air suspension -- in addition to every other option I have. I have had the chance to ride a couple of different STs (FB, NT, Duece) with the Legend -- while I think the "cool" factor is indeed, cool -- I think the ride leaves a lot to be desired. That is comparing it to the 2" lowered ride I experienced on my 00 Night Train with Progressive Suspension shocks. I am not bashing the Legends -- especially since I have not ruled them out -- yet.

I have time to decide what I am going with as my new bike does not get here until Jan 03.... That being said -- I am waiting for more info and a chance to ride the new Progressive Suspension Airtail. Just something else to think about when looking at suspension options for your softail. Take a look at:

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/documents/airtail.html

Disclaimer: I am no way affiliated with Progreesive -- just a REAL satisfied, repeat customer...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts