V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After replacing 2 bulbs in my Tour Pack because the brake light filiment broke twice in only 3,000 miles, I replaced the bulbs with LED's. I was just wondering if anyone has tried them and what you think of them? The ones I got cost $14.95 at Auto Zone for a package of 2. They just go right in where the old filiment type bulb went.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
While I don't use the ones from Auto Zone, I have replaced all of the rear lights with the Kuryakyn LED Panacea lights. Now, my turn signals act as running lights. Believe me, these things are BRIGHT.

You got a part number on those ones you bought at Auto Zone? I was going to see if maybe they could work in van.

·
Big Ugly Fat F'n Yankee
862 Posts
Did either of you have a problem with the turn signals not working after replacing them with LED's? I replaced the rear turn signals with an 1156 LED replacement and now they don't blink. I know that it may be because they do not draw enough amps to make the "blinker" module work. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No further problems with my brake lights since going to LED's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have replaced the front and rear light bulbs with the Kuryakyn LED Panacea lights . I am also using the HD brake light kit, converting turn sig's to brake lights. VERY
bright tail...........

·
Banned
999 Posts
jwchastain said:
I replaced the rear turn signals with an 1156 LED replacement and now they don't blink. I know that it may be because they do not draw enough amps to make the "blinker" module work. Any ideas?
probably have to go back to 1156's. system probably looks at led's as burned out bulbs,wont function.

or else find a flasher that functions with leds.

·
Big Ugly Fat F'n Yankee
862 Posts
Well, I finally installed the Kuryakyn LED Panacea lights (both front and rear) and I LOVE them. I did, however have to install a second load equalizer when using the front LED lights too. It's a great looking lighting system now and MUCH safer. Wish they had them for my CAR!

·
Registered
238 Posts
LED bulbs don't work because they have a lower draw than regular bulbs.

Badlander offers a load equalizer - this module comes around 20$ and will solve the problem.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Does anyone know of L.E.D. brake lights specifically made for the tour pack? I don't care for the 1156 replacements and am trying to replace all the secondary incandescent lighting with L.E.D.s. Thanks in advance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts