V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting my research on leather goods and of course started at my local HD dealer. I would be interested in hearing from others who use the leather with shoulder pads, arm pads, kevlar inserts, etc on both jackets and pants.

What brand recommendations do you all have for warm & cold weather gear?

Who has some links to post for internet browsing?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
If you want top quality american made armored leather, check THIS

Harley leather is good quality, but very expensive and more of a fashion thing then real riding gear.

If you want to get serious, check THIS, but it is overkill on the street. I include it so you can get an idea of some of the features available. Many of the good italian companies like Sidi, Alpinestars and Dainese have good stuff but you also pay a premium for fashion. The notable exception are riding boots, Sidi or Alpinestars are hard to beat here.

You may get some ideas from sites like THIS, but you have to use some flexibility in your thinking, as some of this stuff is geared towards sport riding. You have to find your own compromise.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Leather bought at the ROT, Long Johns from Wal-Mart, Army Jump Boots don't make much of a fashion statement, but they work for me. And have damn near enough money left over to get drunk and upgreade to XP!
Bla hahahaha
HeyThisBottleOfSouthernComfort
HunderdProofIsPrettyNice!
HA!

·
Registered
70 Posts
In responce to your question, I decided on the Harley leather. Very comfortable, breathes well, plus has a one year warranty. I bought mine while on open house sale was going on. Took alot of the ouch out of the price. I really like it. I rode in 20 degree weather. Feet were the first to get cold after 45 minutes of riding. The chaps and coat worked as they should. I have never tried any of the padded leather. Make sure any of it is comfortable while you are on your bike. Feels good at store standing up could be very uncomfortable while setting on bike. The price you pay now days it needs be perfect.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think among the best leather jackets out there is a company called "Langlitz"
I have wide shoulders and long arms. Very hard to find jacket off the rack that fits good. Years ago a bud put me on to Langlitz. They custom make the jacket to fit you. Really not all that expensive. When he gets your deposit he sends you a card and says it will take x number of days and if you can't wait, he will be glad to send your check back.
Best dam jacket I ever had. Lasted over thirty years.
He runs a small add in most of the bike mags. I think he is in Oregon.
If you are looking for top quality ask him to send you his catalog.
You get what you pay for, as my dear old Granny would say!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for the info Bill C. I am a large framed guy my self and have trouble sometimes finding coats and etc to fit. I also have a brother who is very large built and have been trying to find a leather jacket for him. I will sure check into this guy. A custom fit coat is really what we need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts