V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 99 road king classic. I want to swap out the leather bags for black hard bags. Is it an even swap or do I have to do any mods.
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Hi I have a 99 road king classic. I want to swap out the leather bags for black hard bags. Is it an even swap or do I have to do any mods.
Thanks in advance
I'm wanting to say its a swap out. Should fit right.. Don't take this to the Bank..

·
Registered
76 Posts
You might have to adjust the bracket the "retaining pins" lock into...i did a swap similar to yours- I needed thicker spacers and longer bolts for above mentioned brackets. Local H-D shop had the spacers I needed. No big deal. I really appreciated having the hard bags with locks. Good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
You might have to adjust the bracket the "retaining pins" lock into...i did a swap similar to yours- I needed thicker spacers and longer bolts for above mentioned brackets. Local H-D shop had the spacers I needed. No big deal. I really appreciated having the hard bags with locks. Good luck!
What he said..

Doing Stretched bag conversion right now

·
Registered
1 Posts
Leather bags

Just did that swap. Went with sumax extended bags. If you don't already have hard bags, take a look at Sumax. They come complete, fit nice & look great.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had to remove the spacers on the front mounts and then they went right on.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Loosen the front brackets set hardbag on and pin the rear brackets first , then align the front ones ..pin...then tighten front brackets. OH GEES...my bad thought I read '09...was 99.

new advice.... don't get old :)
SC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts