V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!! Greetings from Sunny Marco Island Florida :) !!!

I have been reading this forum for awhile now and decided it was time to introduce myself and tell "my story"!

I live on an island just south of Naples, Florida. My b/f and I like to spend as much time on and under (we are divers) the water as possible. We try to fish at least once or twice a week! My b/f is retired and I own a cleaning company.

The b/f has a 97 Custom Softail which I am in the process of learning to ride so he can upgrade to a 2003 Deuce (lucky guy!). I just renewed my learners permit a couple of days ago and am determined this time to get in some road time. I have done the parking lot and was pretty comfortable with it.....though still a bit shaky in tight places!!! I could use all the advice any of you are willing to give up ;)!!!

Anyway....I won't bore you any longer.....

Bye Bye for now!!
Jules

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Hi:

Welcome I am a new member here myself. This is my opinion make a phone call to your local M.S.F. training school and get enrolled. It will probably cost $200-$250. It will teach you the safe way to ride and it may save your life. People I have talked to about it say it is kind of high priced for a course. I ask them how much is your life worth. It will also get you your endorsement at the end and all you need to do is go to DMV and get your new license. My wife and I finished the course 4/14/02. And have about 1700 miles on our bikes. That teaching has helped us so much. Hope this helps.

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Welcome aboard Jules! Lots of riders from the Florida area on this forum. Be sure to holler at forum member HarleyHottie. She is also into diving.

Good luck on getting your motorcycle endorsement, the Motorcycle Safety Course will help you immensly.

Enjoy the forum!

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Its great to have another lady around here! Welcome aboard! Enjoy yourself here and post often. Be sure to scroll down to the Ladies Lair. One lady member, Medicinewoman, just finished the course. Good Luck!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh,,, another "LadyBiker" gota love it.

There,s nothing Better then to see a gal Blasting down the highway... Remember... Ride to live.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Safety course

I would take a safety course. I enroled in one, and will be taking the class in Nov. It was 150 dollars. I owned street bikes from 80 to 89. I have been off them a few years and firgure the course will be a good refresher.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome Jules,
You ladies have just about convinced my OL to get back out there. She passed the MSF about five years ago, then just quit. Now she's seen all the women signing on here in various stages of cruzin and the itch needs scratchin again. She's asked about the MSF for refresher. Keep posting, all you ladies are an encouragement for her.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Everyone for such a Wonderful Welcome!!!!!:D :D :D

I do think I am going to take the saftey course, I just have to find out when they are starting classes again.

Well, it's monday........back to work:mad: ............

Ride safe
Jules

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Jules and welcome. I'm new also, and in the UK where you HAVE to take tuition before you can ride. We have three stages here, the initial compulsory course to teach basics and safe riding practises, then a written theory test and then the "riding on the street" test to get a license. I rode a little bike for 1 year when I was 17 and didnt ride another until I bought my 1958 FL this year, having done the training, tests etc. at age 55 !!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome Jules,

I could not agree with everyone else more, take the MSF course you'll be a lot more comfortable on the bike. Also by taking it some insurance companies give you a discount, I got 10% and if you are member of HOG they will reimburse you for $50 in HOG bucks good at any Dealer.

Ride safe remember there are bold riders and old riders but not very many old bold riders.

Dave

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Now, go get into that course! J.T.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Hey Jules, welcome to the forum, I think it's great to see more and more women wanting to ride !! I'll soon getting my Heritage Softail Classic ( It ships in 22 more days) And I'm excited as a pig in ****! I hope I'll be able to find some lady riders around here to ride with.... any way , have fun!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts