V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as I said about a week or so ago, I have a leak that seems to be coming from the primary drive area. I called the dealer back then and they promptly picked it up and had it for 3 days. They returned it to me saying they did not find a leak, nor could they cause it to leak.

Told them I would keep my eye on it and, after a 150 mile ride, drip-drip-drip. Pisses me off but I guess **** happens------they missed it.

Anyhow, I even told them last time, it appears to be coming from the primary cover. I reminded them that they had installed the chrome inner primary cover before delivery and "maybe the seal is bad or something". No dice------can't find a problem.

I hope all goes well this time. The dealership is 35 miles away.

Mike M

·
Registered
236 Posts
Damn gravity, it's always causing problems. Can't live with it, can't live without it.

Good luck with the leak; enjoy the 35 mile trip, take an alternate route...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, guess I got to loosen up the old sphincter (read: not be such a tight-ass).

Hell, stress will kill ya long before crashing without wearing a helmet!

Mike M

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Mike M said:
Yep, guess I got to loosen up the old sphincter (read: not be such a tight-ass).

Hell, stress will kill ya long before crashing without wearing a helmet!

Mike M
I think you have a right to be mildly irritated, its a brand new bike for christsakes:mad:

Maybe you should insist the put a new primary gasket on. Tell 'em if it fixes the problem, they buy it, if not you'll pay for it. Not to at least try to do something sounds a little fucked up.

$0.02

wyo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts